Sign in to follow this  
Mike©

No more free valet parking

That really bites! We didn't use it often - but we liked knowing we could when we wanted to.

I love love love love DVC and it has saved us plenty of money on accomodations to be worth it - but when ya see the constant cuts in our "perks" and see the amazing deals that are given to the general public it makes it a bit "hard" to stay so positive about the DVC program.

Edited by DVCJen

My problem with this is the lack of notice. They didn't notify members about the change and the last time I looked (Saturday?) the members' website still had no announcement about it. It's not good customer service to eliminate a perk without prior notice, particularly for guests who are there now and getting hit with charges out of the blue.

On the other hand, I am grateful that DVC members get free Internet access now. It allows us to stream from our room for a week without paying $70 for the privilege. If I had to choose between free valet and free Internet, the Internet access is more valuable to me. Let's hope they don't eliminate that perk...

My problem with this is the lack of notice. They didn't notify members about the change and the last time I looked (Saturday?) the members' website still had no announcement about it. It's not good customer service to eliminate a perk without prior notice, particularly for guests who are there now and getting hit with charges out of the blue.

On the other hand, I am grateful that DVC members get free Internet access now. It allows us to stream from our room for a week without paying $70 for the privilege. If I had to choose between free valet and free Internet, the Internet access is more valuable to me. Let's hope they don't eliminate that perk...

ITA! The lack of notice really rubs me the wrong way. I feel like the more DVC member, the less perks.

I also agree that I'd rather the free Internet over the valet parking but I could see that going away at some point. Heck, if they knew how much we needed our live streams, they'll find a way to charge us for streaming. icon_eek.gif

I never used it. I knew someone that all their coverage on a rental was waived as they signed that no one else would drive the car even though their insurance covered Valets. The problem was they signed stating no one else and had to cover the entire thing.

So I never used it but for them to not give notice is just to a way to keep it from potential buyers. I guess they think once you buy your in and will just take whatever.

The internet is nice but come on it should be free anyhow.

This bites!!! We never had any notice of it and our perks handbook still has it listed! We do appreciate the internet and would rather have that but removing free valet parking with out surveying members is not customer friendly!

We used it quite abit!!icon_sad.gif:icon_sad: We also tipped really well!

They should provide it at a discount....

By the way- this is still what shows on the member website:

Valet Parking at the Walt Disney World Resort

valet.jpg

Valet parking is complimentary at Disney's BoardWalk Resort, Disney's Wilderness Lodge, and Disney's Beach Club Resort. Just show your Disney Vacation Club Member ID Card. Complimentary valet parking is not available at other valet parking operations or for Theme Park access.

You'll be charged the daily fee of $10.00 for this service at any other valet parking operation at the Walt Disney World Resort. Once you've paid for the valet service, you'll receive unlimited valet parking for the remainder of the day. Whether or not you are charged to valet park, gratuities are still appropriate. There will be no charge for Guests with disabilities who have the proper permits.

Parking has become more stressful for drivers who don't like maneuvering into tight spots because of tighter spaces and supposedly helpful driver aids, whose relentless beeping make reversing into a space a more, not less, hectic experience.Solution to this is valet parking.

link removed as spam

Edited by Mike?