Sign in to follow this  
Amy

Trying to pick...

Our next trip is not until October 2010 and we have booked a villa. We are planning on getting Annual passes for the parks(:D) and so plan to go again in 2011 at some point.

So for 2011's trip we will be staying onsite for the first time ever!!! Woohoo!! :D:D:D

I have always wanted to stay onsite, ever since my first trip when I was 6 lol.

My question is...

If you could stay at any onsite resort which would you pick and why?

We have no budget as we will just save, save, save lol:D

p.s we are looking for somewhere with a 'Disney feel' if that makes sense lol:D

If you can save up for a deluxe resort, there are so many options, all of them good. The three resorts on the monorail are wonderful. It's easy to get to MK and Epcot, the boating options are great, plus the trips are short to dinner shows and other dining reservations. You can request a park view, which is especially nice. I personally love the Contemporary, although a lot of people don't like it. It's nice to have such a short ride home after being in MK all day. :)

To tie this in with your dining thread, you could easily get to California Grill for a late dinner and watch Wishes from the top of the Contemporary. icon_thumbsup.gif

My pick would be the Polynesian. I've been in love with that resort since I was a kid. You'll have a super great time no matter where you choose, lol, and probably never stay off property again.

My pick would be the Polynesian. I've been in love with that resort since I was a kid. You'll have a super great time no matter where you choose, lol, and probably never stay off property again.

What she said. I've never even stayed at the poly. I just want to.

Hi Amy , Most of the onsites have their own special Disney feel. For me, my family loves Wilderness Lodge. I tear up whe the guard says welcome home. LOL

My DH loves the theming, DS loves the pool though he has not seen some of the pools with the more elaborate slides. I luv the convenice to the MK. It is only a boat ride to MK. If you want to go to Epcot you can take a bus or take boat to contemporary and grab the monorail too other places/hotels. Well there is my opinon I am sure you will get many others. All with luvs for different hotels. LOl

Have fun and good luck deciding.

Another vote for the Polynesian. We've stayed there now for the past 6 times we have gone. In fact, we just got back from there on Monday. Between the great convenience of the monorail to MK and Epcot or the boat ride over to MK, to lounging out on their beach watching Wishes and EWP, it never disappoints.:)

Our home resort is Beach Club. But, we still prefer Boardwalk Villas. I would go for a one bedroom villa. Close to Epcot and HS, and if you get a Boardwalk view, it can be fun to just watch everything happening in the evenings on the Boardwalk.

Some other options for you.

We have stayed at All Stars resort, basic but good accomodation - reasonably priced and more to spend when there.

The Carribean Beach resort - upgrade (personal favourite) better room standard, beaches & hammocks to rest those weary legs.

We have just returned from Port Orleans French Quarter - again standard plus accomodation, lovely setting, very green and lush, and the hidden nugget is getting to Down Town Disney by river boat. The 'Riverside' element of the resort is better serviced with a larger food court, etc.

These are worth a look at the more affordable end of a budget. As with all WDW resorts the transport network, buses to theme parks and so on is second to none & free as a guest. I have hired a car each time, great for malls & sight seeing, this time used the car less and less.

We are already thinking about the next visit therefore interested in the posts, (only been back 3 days!)

I agree...Wilderness was great when dd was 5..close to MK...However, having stayed at Animal Kingdom, it is my new fave...I love wilderness but Animal Kingdom has it beat with a savanna view room...

I'd choose one of the Boardwalk hotels. It's a short walk to EPCOT and a little longer one to Studios. You're not tied to any transportation for those two parks if you like to walk. The boats are also very convenient and if you miss it at your resort, there's time to walk to another stop depending on the direction you're going. You have the advantage of entering EPCOT at the International Gateway entrance near England instead of the main gate. Remember...you can also take the monorail from EPCOT to Magic Kingdom.

Polynesian!!! It is our all-time favorite. It is very much like visiting a tropical island, yet never loses that Disney feel. We adore it! With that said, all of the Deluxe resorts are spectacular. If you can give up the monorail, then Beach Club is very nice, especially with its short walk to Epcot and magnificent pool. We also adore the Wildnerness Lodge. It is slightly less expensive, but still a fantastic resort. Love the pool. Have fun!

Jumping in late here! Our home resort is Beach Club Villas, and we love it there. Just a quick walk into Epcot and a boat ride to DHS, along with great restaurants to choose from, including ones at the Swan and Dolphin! My other pick would be any monorail resort. I'm all about easy access to the parks! =) If you want to stay in a DVC unit, you could think about renting points from a member and it would be a lot less than paying Disney prices for it.