Sign in to follow this  
oshpopham

Streamlabs

Streamlabs decided to roll out a large update to their phone app.

I have a first draft of an updated user manual. It can be accessed at the link below:

Steps 28 to 30 are highlighted in yellow because I have yet to figure out where the settings can be found to edit stream information.  Let me know if you have any luck finding it before I do.  Who knows, maybe they removed this option all together.

Thanks
Osh Popham

Edited by oshpopham
typo

No luck finding the edit stream information menu option like existed in the previous version of the mobile app.

I posted a bad review of the mobile app with the issue at the Google App Store with the hope I might get a reply from the SL team.

I just updated the doc to include an Appendix 2 that covers logging out of YouTube in the app. I wish the app had an option to to switch channels withing the app like you can at the YouTube website, but no such luck. You need to log out of YouTube in the app and re-login and select the new channel you want to stream to.

At the link below I have a doc called Testing_Title_ver10

I wrote it up with looks like what we need to be able add titles and descriptions to streams but doesn't work for me.

Just want someone else to try it to make sure it's not an issue with my phone or account.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1g6Y36nZnqyRdsqiaAua76jKHAthIsxFQ

Joe thank you so much for the instructions.  The only issue I'm having now is editing the title. There is no settings icon that shows when I am streaming live.  I have an android phone, Samsung S9.  Could it be somewhere else for me?

TiggerPiglet, there is no place that I have found to edit the title. When JC & TC were streaming I would change the title to reflect what they were streaming. I'm sure Joe is looking  for a way for that to be easier!

Saw cutey patootie Chester on your live stream but I was in class so I couldn't watch the whole thing!

Edited by School Belle

I got this reply from Streamlabs tech support...

SL.png

Eddie (Streamlabs Help Center)

Dec 11, 3:55 PM PST

Hey!

I have just tested this to make sure of this myself. :)

The pencil icon is not available when logged in with Youtube. This means that changing the stream title is no longer an option.