Sign in to follow this  
tinkcrafter

Using an android cell phone for Streaming straight to youtube

I was trying to figure out if I could put windows mobile on one of our old cell phones, Galaxy s7 and if youtube would allow direct streaming that way versus having to go through the streamlabs, app.  just a thought...

I'd be surprised if Win Mobile is available for that phone though I haven't looked into it at all.  Various versions of Android can probably be had but it's a bit convoluted to put them on there.  In addition, if YouTube recognizes the device as a "mobile device" the subscriber requirement will be applied.  The OS running doesn't matter.  My GoPro, for example, is recognized as a mobile device and so, no live stream.

I was trying to flash Windows onto one of our older tablets but the processor wasn't fast enough. It is possible to to put Windows on an android, just has to have a fast enough processor...I believe it can support two operating systems, you choose which one to open the device.  I don't know if I will have the experimentation time for this upcoming trip but may try it in the future. We have an s7 and an s7 edge hanging out in the safe. I would love to find a way to be able to just directly stream to youtube on the go, again without having to utilize another app to patch into youtube. Not that I don't appreciate that ability to use Streamlabs right now....lol. Its just cumbersome to me.

Edited by tinkcrafter