TiggerPiglet

Need Step by Step Tutorial for Streaming

I just tried streaming twice on 5 and have been unsuccessful.  It says it's recording, but it's not showing up on the EoE YT 5 page.  @Dbeedle you said to hit the persistent channel selection, it won't let me, it did let me pick the create event selection, that is what I streamed on.  Not sure how to get the persistent channel to work.

40 minutes ago, dbeedle said:

As I understand it, the persistent option is the main option for a channel. If it is not selectable I not sure how to reset it. 

I was actually able to fix it by enabling the twitch chat head preferences feature. 

I wrote up a Streamlabs 101 mobile app guide that you can download from the link below.  There is a Word and PDF version.  I need to test the app more to figure out viewing and removing chat text from the screen while live.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1g6Y36nZnqyRdsqiaAua76jKHAthIsxFQ?usp=sharing

Edited by oshpopham

3 hours ago, oshpopham said:

I wrote up a Streamlabs 101 mobile app guide that you can download from the link below.  There is a Word and PDF version.  I need to test the app more to figure out viewing and removing chat text from the screen while live.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1g6Y36nZnqyRdsqiaAua76jKHAthIsxFQ?usp=sharing

When you review it, could you check how to add a title and description? We don't want them all to say the same things ;)

Hmmmm...didn't even see a request pop up to name the stream.  Will need to do some digging.

It appears the Streamlabs mobile app automatically names the stream.  I see no options to change this.  In my case when I live streamed from my phone to my YouTube account, it automatically named the stream "Joe Carvalho's broadcast".   So for example someone is streaming using the EyesOnEars 2 channel, all their live streams will be labeled "EyesOnEars 2's broadcast".

I checked the EoE YT channels and I don't see this naming standard anywhere so I could be wrong about the option not existing.  But it does do the auto-naming if you do nothing.

Of course I am using the Persistant stream option and not any of the Event based options.

Edited by oshpopham

My mistake.  The title is not coming from the SL app but a setting within my YT channel configuration.  i recently installed a phone app called CameraFi and it chnaged the title from "My Livestream" to "Joe Carvalho's broadcast": 

image.png.2ad1f257aa3f1250b7f60eaeeb089ff5.png

Edited by oshpopham

I did finally find where the stream info could be edited.  I was thrown off because that menu option only appears when you are broadcasting live.

So the latest version of the doc is at the link below.  thete is a Word and PDF version.

20 hours ago, oshpopham said:

Fiz, I’m not sure what standard we will want people to use for naming their stream's Title and Description.  Any ideas?

We should ask people to put something that makes sense in the title. Description would be nice but would be a lot to add on a mobile

I updated the doc at the link above to include an appendix that covers how to wipe preexisting SL app settings from your phone.  The reason being that uninstalling and then reinstalling the app doesn't work to wipe the settings.  For some reason they are retained.  This is also simpler than writing instructions to revert or clear each preexisting settings.  just start over following the guide.

16 hours ago, oshpopham said:

I updated the doc at the link above to include an appendix that covers how to wipe preexisting SL app settings from your phone.  The reason being that uninstalling and then reinstalling the app doesn't work to wipe the settings.  For some reason they are retained.  This is also simpler than writing instructions to revert or clear each preexisting settings.  just start over following the guide.

Thanks for all the effort!!!!!!

I added a note to the doc that mentions if you have access to multiple YouTube accounts, you will be present with a screen with the list of the accounts and to pick the one you want to stream to.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1g6Y36nZnqyRdsqiaAua76jKHAthIsxFQ

On 8/5/2019 at 11:38 PM, oshpopham said:

I did finally find where the stream info could be edited.  I was thrown off because that menu option only appears when you are broadcasting live.

So the latest version of the doc is at the link below.  thete is a Word and PDF version.

Great instructions Joe!  I'll be setting it up and playing around with it before I leave....although I may need a Tech appt. when I get there :P No guarantees, lol

35 minutes ago, oshpopham said:

Fiz, did you get the chance to test the CameraFI app?

I used CameraFI on my S4 last year. I guess I should try now to see if it embeds