Got logged in to StreamLab

went to setting and chose my personal account on youtube

not going to mess with the camera enhancements yet

push the red button . . . 

I get

What would you like to stream?

Stream Games      Stream IRL

Hit Stream IRL finally scroll down to go live

Clicked the camera on the YouTube page and this is what I got.

Is this right?

LOL I was streaming the tv since it is too ugly to go outside. I just got a copyright violation notice from YouTube . . . the Brewers are playing

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 6.56.49 PM.png

Edited by School Belle

Ok downloaded the app for iPhone. I will get it set up as time allows. I won’t be streaming Disney until December so I have time to play with it. Unless of course I get some wild notion to stream the local Disney store for some reason. :P

Edited by Albinotrout

SchoolBelle,

yes that looks about right for the desktop app. The mobile app won’t have as much on the screen. My problem when I loaded the desktop app was that it didn’t automatically load the stream key and I couldn’t stream.  I have to copy the stream key from the YouTube page and paste it into the setting. Hope I don’t have to do that every time. 

We can but Fiz figured out how to use Streamlabs and embed on the EOE site again like we used to with Ustream if you use the Streamlabs apps. 

Edited by Mrhub

Using Streamlabs is definitely a more involved process. Not as easy as Ustream used to be. 

I would say if you want to just use YouTube do it. 

Edited by Mrhub

The native YouTube interface is more straight forward.  The Streamlabs stuff (there are other third party packages too) add some features and what not at the expense of being a bit more difficult to use perhaps. I thought I saw that streaming using the desktop, YouTube page was not affected by the viewer limit.  Haven't uses that myself though.

13 hours ago, School Belle said:

Okay Streaming Gurus!

Got logged in to StreamLab

went to setting and chose my personal account on youtube

not going to mess with the camera enhancements yet

push the red button . . . 

I get

What would you like to stream?

Stream Games      Stream IRL

Hit Stream IRL finally scroll down to go live

Clicked the camera on the YouTube page and this is what I got.

Is this right?

LOL I was streaming the tv since it is too ugly to go outside. I just got a copyright violation notice from YouTube . . . the Brewers are playing

Looks like I forgot the IRL thing in my notes.  I'll add that to the doc!  And RE: copyright; YouTube is pretty picky about that!  It usually doesn't like music I pick for vids!

To clarify, as far as I know, and unless YT has changed again, the YT desktop interface should still work for streaming.  Mobile is subject to the view limit.  So, I guess, a PC/Laptop would not be considered a mobile device but a phone or tablet would be. 

Streamlabs on the desktop shouldn't be required but it might add some nice options.  If you're into options (the EoE logo on the vid is nice)!

I downloaded Streamlabs to my phone and ipad for my trip next week.  I didn't test to my personal account because it said that it will have access to that where it could delete things and see all my videos.  Did anyone see that?  I figure I'll just practice once I get the login info for the EoE channel.

15 hours ago, tinkcrafter said:

Wait, Did I miss something..we can mobile stream again to youtube?

Yes but only if you use the Streamlabs app.    You have to download the Streamlabs app, link your YouTube account and stream through that. It’s pretty easy to use. 

15 hours ago, TiggerPiglet said:

I downloaded Streamlabs to my phone and ipad for my trip next week.  I didn't test to my personal account because it said that it will have access to that where it could delete things and see all my videos.  Did anyone see that?  I figure I'll just practice once I get the login info for the EoE channel.

Apps need to be granted permissions these days to do the stuff they do.  I know Android has tightened up the permissions on apps so that if an app needs to do something it must ask to be allowed to.  Streamlabs will need access to store video and access, for example, phone/tablet storage, network or location perhaps so, it must ask for access.  Without the access you will probably find that the app (this one and any other) won't do too much.  Other apps, including YouTube, will require the same...not all are so up front about it.

Saw NH having issues sending a live stream.  Some general ideas to help combat the low bandwidth messages in SL, or any other app.

Under Settings/Broadcast: reduce video resolution.  I think SL starts at 1080.  720 is half that but half the data. Lower still could help but the video quality will suffer the lower you go.

Frame Rate: 30 or 24 fps.  15 is usable...mostly.

Max video bit rate: SL Starts at 3500 I think.  2500 might help.  Lower might help more at the cost of quality.

The more people around the less data per person will be available.  

SL seems to be less forgiving. My guess is that the YouTube app and Facebook adjust themselves on the fly while SL doesn't seem to do that.  

There is an Audio setting.  Reducing this could help but has less of an impact. A sample rate of 22050 is half the default.  Turning off Record stereo might help.

There is also a "Mixer ingest" option.  It lists places, I think, the video is going to be sent on to.  A closer location might help.  In WDW, maybe Dallas or Washington DC could help.

Edited by dbeedle