Sign in to follow this  
newharmony

Fort Wilderness rates

We were working on plans for 2020 yesterday and I started making reservations for camping at Fort Wilderness. One of the stays was $1200 for 6 nights! (Canceling that one). Just not going to do that...we'll probably do some Florida sightseeing/camping instead. 

WOW!  And you have your own camper!  We were looking into it the last time I went with my kids and wow, between renting the camper and the site it was more than 2 rooms at a mod!  My kids love camping, so one day we'll get there.  But at those costs it might be worth just renting a cabin.  There aren't many campers that will accommodate all of us...without killing each other! :lol:

I wonder if they jacked the rates up because of the whole throwaway scam that people were doing.  Buying a one night campsite stay so they could book FP's out 60 days, but had no intention of actually staying onsite.  I hate to give this other site traffic, but here's a link describing what throwaway rooms are  https://www.wdwinfo.com/the-great-throwaway-room-debate.htm

They have started cracking down on people who book 1 night at a onsite resort and then they cancel the resort.    They are not cracking down on people who actually keep the one night booking and book FP's for 7 days out, when they are only booked 1 night onsite.  

After looking at the plans for the new DVC being built next to FW, the rates may not matter. The parking lot for the new resort will be where the horse barn, etc are. It will be next to Hoop Dee Doo/Trail's End and across the path from Loop 100. We are just sick....

On 3/1/2019 at 3:29 PM, TiggerPiglet said:

They have started cracking down on people who book 1 night at a onsite resort and then they cancel the resort.    They are not cracking down on people who actually keep the one night booking and book FP's for 7 days out, when they are only booked 1 night onsite.  

I think they have limited the number of nights that you can book fp to match the number of nights you have a ressie on site up to 7 days, now

On 3/4/2019 at 10:56 AM, wdwnut said:

OMG that's awful!  the campground will lose its charm for sure!  What are they thinking! Did you read this somewhere?  

This drawing shows the parking lot next to Hoop Dee Doo, and buildings (red) at the lakeshore, very near Trail's End. People that are there now have posted photos of areas that are staked.

DVC at FW.jpg