JohnDisney

New Walt Disney World monorails coming soon?

Will Bob Chapek announce a new fleet of monorails this summer at D23 Expo? 

I hope he does. They are in disrepair in my opinion. Constant breakdowns, doors falling off, and the interiors are atrocious.

They are focusing on building Disney Skyliner, but how about they give some love to their flagship transportation system. Come on Disney!

I did hear that they had new monorail cars on order....don't know if it is fact or fiction, but I agree.  They need to be replaced with new.  I would like that cool Mickey skin on them too...have you seen Disneyland Monorail??

13 minutes ago, flounder1959 said:

I did hear that they had new monorail cars on order....don't know if it is fact or fiction, but I agree.  They need to be replaced with new.  I would like that cool Mickey skin on them too...have you seen Disneyland Monorail??

I have seen the Disneyland monorail. The skins they have for the events are awesome Ex: Pixar Fest, Get your ears on celebration! I believe there fleet got replaced in 2009 or 2010

On 2/25/2019 at 4:28 PM, Fizbain said:

There was a rumor that WDW turned down and entire fleet because Seimans wanted them branded 

That is what really happened. Silly Disney! Then Siemens pulled out of their corporate sponsorship