TiggerPiglet

Video of new gondolas

the one thing I noticed is that they move very slow.  Since there is no a/c and we're suppose to be cooled by the air flow, I'm a little concerned lol.  One thing for sure people will get some great pictures from these things.  We'll also be able to see the parks in a whole new way :)

blogmickey.com/2019/02/video-of-first-disney-skyliner-gondola-spotted-traveling-the-line/

I know many people are going to like these things because "Look they're in the air and they move!" I'm just not a believer. First, they take the lovely International Gateway and turn into an airport terminal. Next, frankly, they are butt-ugly. Ugly wires draped between ugly towers with ugly vehicles attached (I know they paint cute characters on them). Lastly, with seemingly no temperature control, God forbid that they ever stall in the Florida heat. The Disney tort lawyers and bean-counters will love that. But I suppose it should be my dream to hang suspended high in the air in an enclosed, slow-moving vehicle wondering if my deodorant will keep pace. Can't wait.

I was never in Magic Kingdom when they had the skyway. Anyone here ever see them? Fan? Not a fan? I once heard someone  say they missed them not because of the ride but because of the motion it added to the area.

I get what you are saying about the International GateWay... Will probably get used more now

56 minutes ago, Fizbain said:

I was never in Magic Kingdom when they had the skyway. Anyone here ever see them? Fan? Not a fan? I once heard someone  say they missed them not because of the ride but because of the motion it added to the area.

I get what you are saying about the International GateWay... Will probably get used more now

Actually, I did ride the old skyway. Not really too comparable besides the fact that they both were in the air and moved. Skyway vehicles were smaller, open-air vehicles that travelled a much shorter distance than this new-fangled contraption will(yeah, I'm that old). Also, Skyway was built with the park not jammed into already purposed areas.Honestly, I didn't like Skyway that much either.  I thought it was something you could ride at a state fair or something.

Hershey park still has a skyway.  It is a nice perspective of the park, but like WI said those are open vehicles going a very short distance.  This gondola system is a whole new animal.  It will be interesting to see them in action and what guest experience will be

Great Adventure still has a Skyway and I do use it frequently, but once again I am going short distances and the gondolas are all open air. I still can't imagine these glass gondolas in the Florida heat. I don't think it was thought out too well. 

11 hours ago, Fizbain said:

Hershey had torn theirs out as well. he old building tin Tudor square used for concerts and such. Did they put a new one in?

I remember there being a skyway last time I was there, which probably about 5 years ago.  Guess they could have torn it down.

36 minutes ago, TiggerPiglet said:

I remember there being a skyway last time I was there, which probably about 5 years ago.  Guess they could have torn it down.

I thought it was there when i went last year