Sign in to follow this  
oshpopham

SSS 2019 at Fort Wilderness?

Just an FYI that if some people do decide to stay at Fort Wilderness for SSS 2019, there is an option when you book the site for a "Campsite Request".

See screenshot below...

I think the wording is poor but to me it appears that you can request a campsite that is near someone else's campsite under the "Request a Nearby Campsite" section.

All you need is the person's first initial, last name and their check-in date.

I guess we'd need to know this info from the person who will be checking in first.

I did actual booked the Sept 5th to the 9th, but am thinking about expanding the dates, as in move up the check-in date :)  

image.png.8430c9e30f054de01cfbb6746f519d03.png

Osh, we are booked for Sept 3 - 9, preferred. If you can change your reservation to request a nearby campsite (since it sounds like you will arrive before we do), just use L. Harmon, 9/3/19. Or I can add you if you arrive after us!! :)   Thanks! 

I just changed my reservation to Sept 1st through the 8th.  Sunday to Sunday.  MrsOsh said if we are going to stay in a camper again, we should stay a full week to make it worth it.

I'm still researching camper rental companies.  I dealt with Greenberg RV for last rental but want to check out another.  I'm not so impressed with them that i would stick with them, so going to check the competition.

https://www.korvrental.com/aerolite-m302-travel-trailer/

The price (and size) jumps to the Aerolite M302 at $128 bucks a night from the $85 of the Mallard M185.

I find it funny they have no tailors in the 20 to 30 foot range.  It's either tiny or gigantic.  Mostly gigantic.

The camper we rented from Greenberg was 27 feet.  i think that was one of the reason i tried them renting the first time.  Not too small, not too big.