Albinotrout

I gotta be nuts!

I have started the preliminary art planning for two trips to wdw in 2021. It’s gonna take all three years from now to pull this off financially. 1st trip will be in June for my daughter. 13 nights, 14 days. Pricing it out almost $9000 for three for that duration. Then add spending money, airfare, AP ticket upgrades (you can see where this is going). Then second trip will be in December. Hoping for Christmas week. Another $3000 to $4000 for 6 nights. Ok my wallet just fainted again. 

Magic isn't cheap ;) 

Honestly I don't know how we will pull off a lengthy trip now that all 5 of our family are considered adults 10 years old + ... it's quickly getting out of control!     From 2005-2014 we went every year and 2x a few of those years then missed 2015 then went 1x  2016 which was the first year our oldest turned 10.   I guess instead of those awesome 10 day vacations we will have to do 2 maybe 3 days and take advantage of coupons and budget eating to make it work or wait till we are empty nesters - Nahhhh we will probably just go in debt as we are planning on going as soon as star wars is ready to fly.

Bob thanks us all!   (Trivia Reference from this past Thursday)

From the mid-90s to about 2009 we went at least once and sometimes twice a year. Originally, 7-10 days, then 7 days and our last trip in 2015 was 5 days. The 2015 trip for 5 adults cost approximately $13,000.  This included airfare, SUV rental (we have a special needs adult son that has a difficult time with buses), two rooms for 5 nights at the Grand Floridian, Park Hoppers, the Dining Plan and of course souvenirs. A large enough SUV was around $1,000 which is an expense most families would not have.

We've been fortunate to be able to stay in Deluxe resorts up until now, but looking at the total package we will need to stay at one of the Moderates to even afford a 5 day stay only 4 years later.  Our son loves Disney, but the costs and crowds are making it more and more prohibitive for us.

1 hour ago, rob0519 said:

From the mid-90s to about 2009 we went at least once and sometimes twice a year. Originally, 7-10 days, then 7 days and our last trip in 2015 was 5 days. The 2015 trip for 5 adults cost approximately $13,000.  This included airfare, SUV rental (we have a special needs adult son that has a difficult time with buses), two rooms for 5 nights at the Grand Floridian, Park Hoppers, the Dining Plan and of course souvenirs. A large enough SUV was around $1,000 which is an expense most families would not have.

We've been fortunate to be able to stay in Deluxe resorts up until now, but looking at the total package we will need to stay at one of the Moderates to even afford a 5 day stay only 4 years later.  Our son loves Disney, but the costs and crowds are making it more and more prohibitive for us.

I hear ya.woth prices going up it makes it harder to go. I just figured out the plan to pay for 2021. Two trips. It will take me three years of saving to pull it off. May be the last one for a while too. We still want to do a Disney cruise and that will be a couple years later.

Edited by Albinotrout