Sign in to follow this  
flounder1959

October Photo of the Month - RESORTS

so the October POTM will start October 1 and last day of entry is October 31.  Then the photos will be up for voting for 14 days in November and the cycle repeats...December POTM entries Dec 1 through Dec 31 voting for 14 days in Jan etc...?

No,  starts on the first of the month then approximately 14 days before the end of the month voting starts - winners is announced prior to the following month.

If there is a tie, the voting could carry over to the next month, but the following month will start on the first.

2 hours ago, wdwnut said:

Clarification for Nov Character POTM...do you mean Disney Characters or EOE characters?   ;)

some other POTM suggestions...holiday photos, night time photo, fireworks, ride photos, F&G, parade photos and of course parks photos.  You can go on forever.

All great suggestions!

do people typically take their camera's anymore to Disney?  i know Jim takes beautiful pictures but goes so much that now he leaves his camera home.  I can't not bring my camera, yes i take 10,000 more of the same but i have to do it.  It's in my blood. 

5 hours ago, wdwnut said:

do people typically take their camera's anymore to Disney?  i know Jim takes beautiful pictures but goes so much that now he leaves his camera home.  I can't not bring my camera, yes i take 10,000 more of the same but i have to do it.  It's in my blood. 

I never not bring my camera! It goes with me everywhere on property. You just never know when the shot of a lifetime will pop up. When I was a about 16, my parents, brother, and I were walking between the castle and the carousel. I looked up and saw Cinderella, Prince Charming, and Fairy Godmother waving at everyone from the balcony (restaurant level) on the back of the castle. Back then, my mom was the person who carried the camera. I turned to get it from her, but with a crestfallen face, she told me she'd left it in the room. For many years, every time we went back, I hoped to see those characters together in the same place, but it didn't happen. I learned two lessons: 1) be the person responsible for the camera and 2) ALWAYS carry a camera.