Andre

POR early August

We'll be at POR for two weeks early August 2018 (actually arriving 31 July) but with the Ustream > YouTube situation I'm not sure whether it'll be worth my while packing all the webcam, mount and cables/etc. We're travelling around a bit before WDW (including some airlines that restrict hand luggage more than United do) so a bit lighter on the overall luggage would be very welcome. Thoughts?

Andre

At the moment we are still trying to figure out options. Youtube does look promising but still has many hoops for us to jump through and does not look like we will be able to embed the stream into EOE.

So we can set you up to stream live on Youtube, but not sure it will be on EOE. But, we can direct people to the Youtube channel.

So. your call. I can certainly understand not want to truck all of that to WDW. I don't like to do it and I only have a 2 hours flight

The problem is that this year we spending a few days each in New York and Toronto on our way to Orlando, and the internal US/Canada flights are more restrictive on hand luggage than United's "just bring the kitchen sink in the cabin" policy. So I'm being a bit more conscious about what I bring in my case - and a webcam, mount bracket, and long cables actually add up quite a bit.

I'll still stream some stuff on my phone, but probably via my portorleans.org FB page.

The YouTube option sounds good if we can get to the critical mass of subscribers and viewing hours, but of course the problem is that that will take time, and in the meantime the EoE site as it stands will be basically be unusable other than a few links to YouTube. :(

Andre 

Edited by Andre

5 hours ago, Andre said:

Android. I can stream from my phone, but only when on wi-fi as I won't have 4G or unlimited cell data while roaming.

Andre

I was using an old phone to stream from my resort over WiFi only.. Works pretty ok as long as you do not move between wifi access points too much

A while back mrhub posted about using 3M contact strips to use on his tablet to stream. Using his method you would not have to transport a laptop.

I have used this idea with a cell phone twice. Once at BLT and there was an open channel on EoE. We had a Bay Lake view in addition to the Castle view. The 2nd time was at VGC before we got our "real" room. 

You put two contact strips on the phone camera side and two on the window or the sliding door. We didn't have sound either time but the video was fine.

This is his post. Unfortunately, the photos no longer show up.  http://www.eyesonears.com/topic/2133-resort-stream-with-apple-device/page__hl__mrhub#entry19789

Edited by School Belle

I fried my laptop right before I left for my trip in May, but streamed from my ipad.  I just propped it up on a chair and laid it against the balcony fence to stream.  So if you have a balcony you may be able to do something like that.  I only streamed with the ipad when we were in the room, never left it while we went into the parks.  You could also prop it up against a window if no balcony.

2 hours ago, TiggerPiglet said:

I fried my laptop right before I left for my trip in May, but streamed from my ipad.  I just propped it up on a chair and laid it against the balcony fence to stream.  So if you have a balcony you may be able to do something like that.  I only streamed with the ipad when we were in the room, never left it while we went into the parks.  You could also prop it up against a window if no balcony.

That’s a good idea