wlodge_man

WL - Copper Creek Villas and Boulder Ridge Villas

OK - I know, I'll have to change my profile name for asking this...:wacko:

I believe that Boulder Ridge is the former Villas at the WL?

And Copper Creek cabins are along the water, if I recall.  But what about the Copper Creek Villas?

Did they take a wing of the WL and convert it to DVC?  At least my feeble brain remembers something like this...

I wish my memory was incorrect this time.  I was looking at a possible end of Nov/early Dec stay and I believe they are booked [at WL]  I have not explored DVC availability yet, as we're not 100% we are going, but we do want to stay here.  And if we do go, not sure if I can convince my wife that renting DVC points will be the way to go, as it isn't "the normal way" to book a Disney vacation.

I first rented DVC points before becoming a member!  It worked quite well for me!  If someone has booked and has it available for rent, you may be able to get in at WL.  My wife and I have tried to book at WL for early Dec this year and have had no luck, at least for a studio or 1BR.  At this point we'll be at Saratoga Springs.

And, wihumphery is correct as is the map that was posted.  The cabins look nice but, like those at the Poly, tend to be a little on the pricey side for us!

Edited by dbeedle

2 hours ago, dbeedle said:

I first rented DVC points before becoming a member!  It worked quite well for me!  If someone has booked and has it available for rent, you may be able to get in at WL.  My wife and I have tried to book at WL for early Dec this year and have had no luck, at least for a studio or 1BR.  At this point we'll be at Saratoga Springs.

And, wihumphery is correct as is the map that was posted.  The cabins look nice but, like those at the Poly, tend to be a little on the pricey side for us!

dbeedle - may I ask if you used a rental company to do the transaction, or did you work directly with the DVC owner?

7 hours ago, wlodge_man said:

dbeedle - may I ask if you used a rental company to do the transaction, or did you work directly with the DVC owner?

It's been a long time ago but if I recall correctly, I worked directly with the owner.  I did this a couple times.  It may be a bit safer working through a rental company but may cost a bit more, don't know for sure.  Depends on your level of comfort and risk acceptance I suppose.  Just taking a quick look on another board, it appears the going rate dealing with the a member directly is about $13-$15 per point.  Many folks offer references and I've also seen renters offer up some sort of contract/official paperwork.  At least many appear to take it seriously.  Which makes sense as the points are use 'em or loose 'em.  A member may as well get something out of them if they can't use them.

On the other hand...looking at a rental site (that happens to share my name) they do show availability at WL early in December.  Cost per point doesn't seem to be out of line.  At least with a quick look. Haven't looked at the details, commission or what not.

Edited by dbeedle

My parents booked a trip a few years ago through David's DVC Rentals. They were very happy with the transaction. However, you have to pay the entire amount up front and there are no refunds. David's gives half of the payment to the DVC owner when they make the reservation and the second half on the day the reservation begins (transaction through PayPal).

As for Copper Creek, we're staying in a two-bedroom next month. It will be our first time staying at WL, so we're really looking forward to experiencing something new (for us, anyway).

Edited by kbmum

Before we bought into DVC, Belle and I rented points, twice from individuals and once from a service. We had good experiences from all. The only major thing you really need to have with these transactions is a contract. Don't even deal with people who say you don't need one. The contracts protect both you and the renter ( My info is , of course, correct because Fiz says so):P

Edited by wihumphrey
Gross misspelling error