Jump to content
Fizbain

Ad supported ustream, going the way of the dodo

Recommended Posts

On 8/20/2018 at 3:49 PM, wihumphrey said:

This thread raises many questions. I know our youtube experience is early on but I'll ask some questions anyhow. As many of you know, I do not fear the stupid question: 1. Can our web cams and laptops be used on the youtube platform? 2. Do we have enough channels to do resort and mobile streaming for SSS? 3. Since we are a little over 2 weeks away and have every other event planned, we might want to organize streamer assignments soon? Or is there some other master plan oh our great techy gods?

Funny you should ask ;)

1) yes, when logged into Youtube from a computer with a web cam, slect the go live and then on left side slect camera

2) We have 6 channels total, so each will need to be used for resort and mobile. Many are not Resort streaming 24/7 nymore so may not be issue

3) I have started talks on who wants to stream. Right now I have you and belle on EOE 3. Would you prefer a dif channel this time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Fizbain said:

Funny you should ask ;)

1) yes, when logged into Youtube from a computer with a web cam, slect the go live and then on left side slect camera

2) We have 6 channels total, so each will need to be used for resort and mobile. Many are not Resort streaming 24/7 nymore so may not be issue

3) I have started talks on who wants to stream. Right now I have you and belle on EOE 3. Would you prefer a dif channel this time?

So we can flip back and forth between our web cam and mobile streams from our phones? Good to know. We're good with EOE 3. Three has been a favorite number since Sesame Street.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2018 at 6:35 AM, Waternoose said:

Im pretty sure  you wont be able to flip back and forth between to live streams.  

Okay, I know it doesn't take much, but I'm confused. Noose, does this mean I have to decide to do a resort view stream or live mobile streams, but I can't do both?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, wihumphrey said:

Okay, I know it doesn't take much, but I'm confused. Noose, does this mean I have to decide to do a resort view stream or live mobile streams, but I can't do both?

My next trip I may just stream the resort while I am in the room, then stream the park. All from my phone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wihumphrey said:

Okay, I know it doesn't take much, but I'm confused. Noose, does this mean I have to decide to do a resort view stream or live mobile streams, but I can't do both?

What Trout said is probably most appropriate; specially when we have all 5,6,7,10+ streamers at a time.   If you were one of few then it would be no problem to provide two channels one for resort one for mobiles. If you started a live stream on resort and walked out the door and started a mobile on the same channel - the resort feed would not start back up on its own like ustream did for us.  

I think our days of streaming a bush at Disney or a rooftop air conditioner are over.    Streaming high quality resort feeds for less than a couple hours at a time is going to be the way to go.     NewHarmony has been doing this the last several times she has streamed - only starting it while in the room or at the resort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2018 at 4:25 PM, wihumphrey said:

Okay, I know it doesn't take much, but I'm confused. Noose, does this mean I have to decide to do a resort view stream or live mobile streams, but I can't do both?

It looks like if you do both on the same channel you wil have 2 live streams on the channel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Albinotrout said:

So it is possible then?

Possible to have two live stearms on one channel. Yes, I beleive so.

To flip from one live stream, to another then back? This is what Ustream used to do but does not anymore. No, it does not do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fizbain said:

Possible to have two live stearms on one channel. Yes, I beleive so.

To flip from one live stream, to another then back? This is what Ustream used to do but does not anymore. No, it does not do that.

CoolB)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fizbain said:

Possible to have two live stearms on one channel. Yes, I beleive so.

To flip from one live stream, to another then back? This is what Ustream used to do but does not anymore. No, it does not do that.

So if I set up my resort boardwalk view stream, I'll have to turn it off when I do a live mobile stream and reset it again when I get back to the room,right? With ustream we could have a resort stream on the channel, and remotely do a live mobile stream. When done mobile streaming, the resort stream would automatically kick back in. We can't do that anymore, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, wihumphrey said:

So if I set up my resort boardwalk view stream, I'll have to turn it off when I do a live mobile stream and reset it again when I get back to the room,right? With ustream we could have a resort stream on the channel, and remotely do a live mobile stream. When done mobile streaming, the resort stream would automatically kick back in. We can't do that anymore, right?

Wi, nope youtube doesn't do that.  :( 

We are still testing doing multiple streams on the same channel - it is possible but a bit more complicated than one click streaming.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wihumphrey said:

So if I set up my resort boardwalk view stream, I'll have to turn it off when I do a live mobile stream and reset it again when I get back to the room,right? With ustream we could have a resort stream on the channel, and remotely do a live mobile stream. When done mobile streaming, the resort stream would automatically kick back in. We can't do that anymore, right?

Ustream has not worked like that for me in a long time. I think i may still for people using an Iphone. When that stopped working was when EOE started adding mobile channels. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×