Fizbain

Ad supported ustream, going the way of the dodo

34 minutes ago, Mrhub said:

the only option it gives me is the built-in webcam for the laptops. Won't even recognize either of my Logitech camera's or my Camcorder.

PC? if so , try going into device manager and disabling the built in cam

17 minutes ago, Fizbain said:

PC? if so , try going into device manager and disabling the built in cam

Mac Book

22 hours ago, Waternoose said:

YouTube live does have a limit so we won’t be able to run a live stream 24/7 for days.   I believe the length of a live stream is 8 hours, but have seen several sites say 12 up to 36 hours, so we will have to develop a game plan.

I think I'm going to leave my streaming kit at home this trip (1st Aug). We're a bit more restricted on weight on flights, so the extra few pounds saved will be handy if it's unlikely that a room-stream would work anyway.

Andre

5 hours ago, Andre said:

I think I'm going to leave my streaming kit at home this trip (1st Aug). We're a bit more restricted on weight on flights, so the extra few pounds saved will be handy if it's unlikely that a room-stream would work anyway.

Andre

Okie dokie!  It is your vacation. It is much more important that you have a good time!

Waternoose, my problem is not getting my cameras to work on my computers, it is that for some reason, Youtube will not recognize them, it only recognizes the built-in webcam. Maybe I can still get a good stream or two in when we go in September and most of the SSS should be fine, just everybody remember to upload all your videos from UStream to YouTube before it shuts down. 

Edited by Mrhub

ok, Just catching up on all of this.  I have subscribed to main and all sub channels. I will get JC to make a youtube account and subscribe :-)  I believe tinklittle was ahead of me and already did it.  I will also throw the page link out on my fb feed, twitter, etc..to help get subscribers

I also have a ton of hd videos here and some saved to my youtube channel of WDW stuff :-)

this is the link to my youtube channel..my user is tinkcrafter1:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC44RihK5oN1_y3_NnYu5QMA?view_as=subscriber

Feel free to grab and use, if needed, or I can upload videos to EOE youtube channel, let me know. :-)

Edited by tinkcrafter
Added stuff

On 8/1/2018 at 10:17 AM, Mrhub said:

Waternoose, my problem is not getting my cameras to work on my computers, it is that for some reason, Youtube will not recognize them, it only recognizes the built-in webcam. Maybe I can still get a good stream or two in when we go in September and most of the SSS should be fine, just everybody remember to upload all your videos from UStream to YouTube before it shuts down. 

Reading my the YouTube website it says it needs an encoder software. Do you have that downloaded?

On 8/2/2018 at 12:44 PM, tinkcrafter said:

ok, Just catching up on all of this.  I have subscribed to main and all sub channels. I will get JC to make a youtube account and subscribe :-)  I believe tinklittle was ahead of me and already did it.  I will also throw the page link out on my fb feed, twitter, etc..to help get subscribers

I also have a ton of hd videos here and some saved to my youtube channel of WDW stuff :-)

this is the link to my youtube channel..my user is tinkcrafter1:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC44RihK5oN1_y3_NnYu5QMA?view_as=subscriber

Feel free to grab and use, if needed, or I can upload videos to EOE youtube channel, let me know. :-)

I grabbed the 4th of july video for channel 1. Will work on others. Thanks for sharing! 

On 8/1/2018 at 8:48 PM, Fizbain said:

Maybe this? 

Nope that won't solve the problem either. It has to be something with youtube because when I use my external webcams with Ustream on my Mac they worked perfectly, still do. It just seems that YouTube will not recognize them.

On 8/16/2018 at 8:25 AM, Fizbain said:

I bring a phone for resort. @Mrhubis setting up his MAC. YOu could use a PC if you like. 

I tested on my laptop and it was frozen. I read something about an "encoder"... which sounds a bit over my head!! I'm taking a newer iPhone along...may try that for the resort. That would free up my phone for my use. We'll only stream from the resort when we're there.    Thanks, Fiz!

Yeah encoder is a bit over my head as well. At least YouTube offers a list of encoders to choose from. We only did mobile streaming this trip even though we had a great view of the courtyard from our room. We were on the lower level too.

7 hours ago, Albinotrout said:

Yeah encoder is a bit over my head as well. At least YouTube offers a list of encoders to choose from. We only did mobile streaming this trip even though we had a great view of the courtyard from our room. We were on the lower level too.

Thanks for your help, AT. I'll check out the list.  :) 

On 8/12/2018 at 1:49 PM, newharmony said:

This may be a dumb question but...what are you using for resort streams on youtube? A phone? A web cam? 

Thanks!

Same question.  It looks like folks use a phone for resort streams?  I'm thinking of using an old phone and I think I could swing a resort stream.  My wife is not so keen on the idea of live streaming in the parks and, we don't have a lot of data on our cell plan.  The wifi in the parks can be problematic I've seen so, dunno if we could rely on that.

I have done some experimentation on streaming through YouTube.  Seems to work on my personal stream.  While a phone may not be the highest of quality, it is pretty compact and convenient for travel.

1 minute ago, dbeedle said:

Same question.  It looks like folks use a phone for resort streams?  I'm thinking of using an old phone and I think I could swing a resort stream.  My wife is not so keen on the idea of live streaming in the parks and, we don't have a lot of data on our cell plan.  The wifi in the parks can be problematic I've seen so, dunno if we could rely on that.

I have done some experimentation on streaming through YouTube.  Seems to work on my personal stream.  While a phone may not be the highest of quality, it is pretty compact and convenient for travel.

I have decided to just take the iPhone I have for resort streams. It will be easier than taking a web cam, etc. I'll do mobiles when we're out, and hopefully do the resort stream when we're in. I haven't tested the iPhone yet.  (If I alternate mobile/resort, I only need one channel, too). So much to think about with youtube vs. ustream!

This thread raises many questions. I know our youtube experience is early on but I'll ask some questions anyhow. As many of you know, I do not fear the stupid question: 1. Can our web cams and laptops be used on the youtube platform? 2. Do we have enough channels to do resort and mobile streaming for SSS? 3. Since we are a little over 2 weeks away and have every other event planned, we might want to organize streamer assignments soon? Or is there some other master plan oh our great techy gods?