Fizbain

No More Antics at Whispering Canyon

7 minutes ago, kbmum said:

Nooooooo! We're eating there for the first time this July!  :angry:

We are eating there for the first time in August. Truly a bummer.

I got a response from Disney and it looks hopeful. Apparently they have asked the cast at the restaurant to tone it down a bit because the other gussets in the hotel can see everything. Here is the email.

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Jonathan Riggs (Disney)

May 16, 11:54 AM EDT 

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for your email regarding the recent changes at the Whispering Canyon Cafe.

I can certainly understand your worry. I've asked for ketchup or an extra straw plenty of times myself, and the shenanigans never get old! Let me assure you that Whispering Canyon Cafe is still a rootin' tootin' good time for the whole family, with plenty of antics. However, as a huge fan of this experience, I'm sure you remember that the restaurant is open to the lobby which means it is also open to multiple floors of this lovely Resort. Therefore, we've asked our Cast Members to turn down the volume a bit to be more considerate our Guests at Disney's Wilderness Lodge that aren't in the restaurant.

Kevin, thank you very much for your feedback. I hope this information helps put you at ease. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Have a magical day,

Jonathan Riggs
Guest Experience Services
Walt Disney World Resort
407-934-7459
M005336814

[M738Y3-0QWL]

18 minutes ago, Fizbain said:

or a good excuse? :ph34r:

Well one thing is for sure this is been the best response I have seen yet from Disney other than the short tweet that left too much to interpretation. So I will take it as good news.:D

2 hours ago, Fizbain said:

So they will have whispering shenanigans ? :ph34r:

@wihumphrey Thoughts?

I'd like to thank Fiz for suggesting that things I say constitute thought. Others would differ:rolleyes: However, I suggest an alternative plan for Whispering Canyon. Wait for it........mime. All WC cm's would be required to learn the fine art of pantomime. All guests could participate too with either their own miming or sign language.This would save the WL lobby from that distracting noise known as fun and entertainment, while at the same time, allowing disney to maintain their reputation for guest immersive experiences. As long they immerse quietly.

1 hour ago, wihumphrey said:

I'd like to thank Fiz for suggesting that things I say constitute thought. Others would differ:rolleyes: However, I suggest an alternative plan for Whispering Canyon. Wait for it........mime. All WC cm's would be required to learn the fine art of pantomime. All guests could participate too with either their own miming or sign language.This would save the WL lobby from that distracting noise known as fun and entertainment, while at the same time, allowing disney to maintain their reputation for guest immersive experiences. As long they immerse quietly.

@wihumphrey See! This is exactly the kind of sideways out of the box thinking i was looking for!!! Fabulous idea!! LMAO :ph34r: