Albinotrout

streaming and laptops

Ok we have a nice laptop to use for our trip in august.  Since I have never done this before I have a question.  While streaming if and when your laptop goes to sleep does the stream continue? Or do I have to make some adjustments so that it doesn't sleep and only a screen saver comes on or none of the above?

Fiz is correct. Mine I just had to disable sleep mode. I set the screen saver with a password so no Unforeseen visitors to the room could access my laptop. I use both a PC and Mac.  Test it at home to see which way it works. but definitely turn off the sleep mode for both the monitor and the hard drive.  Set your screensaver for 1 minute or so, start streaming and see if it stops the stream or not. 

Edited by Mrhub

4 hours ago, Mrhub said:

Fiz is correct. Mine I just had to disable sleep mode. I set the screen saver with a password so no Unforeseen visitors to the room could access my laptop. I use both a PC and Mac.  Test it at home to see which way it works. but definitely turn off the sleep mode for both the monitor and the hard drive.  Set your screensaver for 1 minute or so, start streaming and see if it stops the stream or not. 

Thanks