newharmony

Resort views have been on my mind...

I just re-read the "About Us" post. It's in the drop-down menu under "More" (above).  It says the purpose of Eyesonears is to share the Disney magic with EoE members...the sharing allows others to get their Disney "fix" when they can't be there. The members that are happy to share their live streams, do so!

Recently I talked to a member who was reluctant to share their stay/view because it was "just trees". I thought we loved Disney trees! I just feel that we should concentrate on the willingness of our members to share, and not which resort view they have. MK from the BLT, or Boardwalk, or savannah view  at AKL are all amazing, but so, too is a golf course or woods or even a parking lot! (Just not a pool!!!) 

I've seen this myself. When we're at Boardwalk or Aulani, we get lots of viewers. At Fort Wilderness, not so much. The resort view pulls in viewers, and hence, viewers for mobile streams. If we're at FW, we don't get as many viewers and not as many available to watch mobile streams. Even one is important, but it's a bit discouraging for streamers.

To me, EoE is a community gathering place. I always try to stream as much as I can because the streams pull people in...to watch mobiles, but also to chat with each other. OH and I have made some wonderful friends here at EoE! I hope all of you have. It's the streams that bring us together...all streams.

I totally agree, NH!  I enjoy ANY Disney view.  I remember once a streamer turned her stream on and the view was tree tops and she was disappointed and apologized....but it was great because it was at Disney.  I also recognize daytime viewers are many less than night.  People work and, I know for me, it is often hard or impossible to be on EOE....but ohhh I do try!!  For me personally, I don't care the number of viewers.  If one person is enjoying the stream then I have accomplished what I think EOE is about, I don't focus on the numbers.  Sometimes on weekends I will have the computer on for a whole afternoon poised to click on a stream if someone is there.  So I think you're right, ALL streams from Disney are welcome and enjoyed by all who come here :) I'm glad I found EOE 10 years ago and met all you crazy Disney fans like me <3

I too agree with you nh but at the same time I understand the differing popularity of views. I think the diehards of EOE are with you about any disney view is a great view (I'm definitely in that group), but our casual viewers, not so much. It's like casual fans wouldn't go to a regular season football game but will go to the Super Bowl. It's that human nature thing. I believe we continue to show any resort view we can because the diehards will be there. That EOE community will be there......right?

My elderly parents are not members of this site, but they watch ALL of the streams directly from Ustream, regardless of the resort or view. They don't usually watch the mobile streams because they don't know when they're on (unless I see that one is up and let them know). It's their way to stay connected with Disney magic. My dad turns on the computer early in the morning, puts on the stream, and leaves it on most of the day. Sometimes, my mom will text to let me know if the stream froze or went down. :)

Edited by kbmum

23 hours ago, kbmum said:

My elderly parents are not members of this site, but they watch ALL of the streams directly from Ustream, regardless of the resort or view. They don't usually watch the mobile streams because they don't know when they're on (unless I see that one is up and let them know). It's their way to stay connected with Disney magic. My dad turns on the computer early in the morning, puts on the stream, and leaves it on most of the day. Sometimes, my mom will text to let me know if the stream froze or went down. :)

This is lovely, kbmum...thanks for sharing.  I didn't want streamers to feel discouraged from streaming because they didn't think their view was worthwhile. This is very encouraging to all of us who stream.  :)

We totally agree NH.  We love ALL views shared by the streamers and appreciate so much the time, effort, knowledge of streaming, and above all, your willingness to share.  We watch the calendar, look forward to the emails of upcoming streams, and have our calendar marked with "where we're going" each month. (So excited that we're all going to the Boardwalk next month:D But, we also look forward to Ft. Wilderness as we love to walk there each time we are at WDW, and we are enjoying Saratoga Springs, as we just returned from there in November. (Love your location and thank you Mr. Hub and Scrappy!)  And there is no such thing as "just trees" when you are up north knee deep in snow.  The Florida sky, the sound the of boat whistles, hearing the carts drive by at Ft. Wilderness, the sound of the breeze blowing through the palm trees, the music from the Polynesian Resort when the cam is near one of the speakers.  The SOUNDS of our Disney trips :wub: So, while we definitely love our Boardwalk View  because it feels like home, and the Contemporary Resort view of Bay Lake or MK :wub: we also enjoy and appreciate, just as much ALL views, ALL streams. 

To all who stream and share their Disney vacations and views with us, thank you.   NH, WiHumphrey, Mr.Hub and Scrappy recently. And Flounder, thank you so much for noting that it is meaningful to you if even one person is enjoying your stream, because it truly is appreciated.  May the joy you give to all of us watching be returned to you tenfold. It's hard to put into words how VERY much it is appreciated.  THANK YOU ALL :wub:

Edited by Fezziwig

I SO LOVE where you are going with this. 

I would like to add viewers. I know even I sometimes get discouraged because there is only 1,2,3 viewers on a stream I am sharing. Many days I have considered stopping due to streaming into the ether. In fact last Sep, I did not bother to figure out how to get my phone to run all day in the parks because I figured no one would notice. So I just streamed mobile as I felt like it. So I can sympathize with someone thinking " Well, why bother, no one watches when I have a boardwalk or MK view. Who is going to watch my trees?" 

So please if you are comfortable streaming, . Stream early, stream often, stream it all. 

But also, watch it all. Join in the conversation. Say hi. Watch the grass grow. Watch the trees sway. And of course, ooo and ahh over the  Fireworks! 

This is an interactive site. Join in the fun.  You all matter in making EOE the best place on the webs to get your Disney fix

Mandatory Ninja:ph34r:

I am one of those that can view during the day. I have taken screen shots of different views and played a game with friends and family that I call where am I.  It gets fun and interesting trying to figure out where the pic or steam was taken from. So don’t stop. The more diverse the better. 

I will admit, I was probably that person the newharmony was talking about that was reluctant to stream during our last trip when we stayed at SSR. Some of it had to do with the new security checking and some just because it wasn't the best of views. But after remembering some of the emails i have received over the years about my streams, I decided to put that camera up anyway.

I have one particular friend named Mary, and if she sees this she will know I'm talking about her, hi Mary! I think her emails have touched me the most over the years and I just want to share a few lines with you:

"WE LOVE THE POLY CAM !!!  Thanks so much for providing this cam.   We love the sounds of the Ferry boat and the train whistle and all the "Sounds of Disney" as we call it.   It makes myself, my husband and my brother so HAPPY !!!!  It is just the most Awesome thing!!!  This is our favorite cam out of all the cams.   Can you explain how this works?   It's not a 24 hour cam like the Downtown Disney/Epcot Cam.   So is it only on when you are at Disney?   I guess we were under the impression that it was a cam, provided by Disney and mounted on the building.  Just curious, that's all.  We are so disappointed when it goes off so I want to be prepared so we will know when it's going to be on or off so we can prepare ourselves.   HA HA !!!! "

"So I hope you don't mind us asking but just wondering how the whole thing works.   I am going to go to your Facebook page and LIKE it.   I will also do whatever to keep in touch so we will know when the Polycam comes up again.   Hey, you need to live there so the cam can be on ALL THE TIME.   HA HA !!!"

"As far as your trip in May, we will be watching for that.  What I was going to say earlier is that we just LOVE that your cam has SOUND !!  That just makes everything better.   So even if we don't have the Magic Kingdom view when you go in May, we can still hear all the sounds of the Ferry boat, other boats, train whistle, etc.   We still leave it on as long as you are online, just to hear those sounds.  That way you can go about your business and still hear everything.   When you have the Poly cam on, we keep it up all day but never get anything done at home or at work because we want to look at it all the time.   So again thanks for providing that.  "

It makes my heart swell a little when I hear that I have made a few people very happy just by turning on my webcam! I still get an e-mail from her every few months asking when I am going back. I'll try and stream as long as I can, even if you only see a Disney bush, its still Disney!

2 hours ago, Mrhub said:

It makes my heart swell a little when I hear that I have made a few people very happy just by turning on my webcam! I still get an e-mail from her every few months asking when I am going back. I'll try and stream as long as I can, even if you only see a Disney bush, its still Disney!

Agreed. Always so happy to hear someone found it enjoyable