EyesOnEars - Disney Forums + Live Disney Webcams

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Fizbain

No more Do Not Disturb Signs

I think all of these opinions so far are fine but I'm thinking that we might want to be more preemptive. I like Noose contacting Andre to reach out to PO management to clarify their resort streaming policy. If, as Weather Watcher reported, there is a resorts meeting next month that might discuss streaming issues, I believe we would want to put our best foot forward before that meeting. Anyone else at EOE that has a resort management contact like Andre? Could you contact that person and state our case? I'm glad Weather Watcher is contacting PO management about the treatment he received. That could help raise awareness. What about a friendly EOE letter to Disney resort management to reiterate that we are not a security risk and have our own policies,(as well stated by Noose), to guard against privacy issues? That is of course if such a resorts meeting is actually taking place. Could Andre find that out? Anyone? Maybe I'm over-reacting but it feels different this time.

Edited by wihumphrey
additions

Does anyone still have the link to print the I'm streaming on EyesonEars ? I would like to keep it next to my camera/laptop while I'm here....Thanks!

Here's one that we have on our computer. SB updated it for your dates. She also found business cards. Will send those in another post.

Cameron.docx

Done in an older version of Word

Edited by wihumphrey

• Found this in the Eyes on Ears Questions or Suggestions   What About a Sign thread 
  • Looks much more official than the one I made a couple years agoEOE-Notify-disnycrayz.thumb.png.63ab175b8b578588867a24c4e80cd093.png
  •  

On 12/29/2017 at 9:14 AM, wihumphrey said:

I absolutely agree with everything Noose says in this post...except one thing. The last line. IF Disney does decide to issue a streaming public spaces ban, we will have nothing to talk about. If we know one thing about Disney, when a decision is made.....it's done. Discussion over. I suppose EOE could still talk about it till we're blue in the face but I honestly think we should maybe be a bit more proactive?

No, we could/would just shift our eyes and focus them more on mobile streams vs stationary resort streams.

On 12/29/2017 at 8:09 PM, wihumphrey said:

Maybe I'm over-reacting but it feels different this time.

They were to have had meetings in the past as well and no policy ever came about.   I think its all about education and consistent application across all resorts;  that's what they really need; not a ban on something that would be a major headache to enforce.  

2 hours ago, Waternoose said:

They were to have had meetings in the past as well and no policy ever came about.   I think its all about education and consistent application across all resorts;  that's what they really need; not a ban on something that would be a major headache to enforce.  

Okay

I certainly understand what NH is saying.  I would not want to create issues for myself by leaving up a cam that Disney is saying you can't have up.  DVC members especially have too much invested to get a ban for life or what ever type of punishment they may hand out.  I would miss the resort streams but if they come up with a policy I don't see what else we can do.  Sad part is none of our streamers never stream areas that should be of concern.  Usually landscape and if there are people, they're far away.  I hope they don't start cracking down on mobile streaming! 

10 minutes ago, Fizbain said:

So if Disney is planning to disallow resort streams, why do we think that is? What is the damage of them being there?

It's not a matter of causing damage, it's a matter of perception. That's what public relations is all about. It will seem that Disney is doing something important for "guest security." Since resort streaming is a very small part of live streaming, it is much easier to enact and enforce, especially now that Housekeeping can come into rooms at any time and could report room cams (as happened to weatherwatcher). There are many, many more live park streams than resort streams. Truthfully, except for the few resort streams that are done on EOE, how many more are there? Easy to enact since it impacts so few guests, easy to enforce through housekeeping and resort security, and an easy PR move to give the perception of guest security. Since resort streams are what make EOE unique, (Periscope, Facebook, various websites and Disney themselves all do mobile streaming), I fear the only "damage" will be done to us.

agreed, resorts are easier to police. So if we assume that Disney feels that there is no perceived safety benefit from trying to stop mobile streaming. Then what is the perceived safety Disney is trying to implement? What becomes unsafe with the feeds being left alone?

Disney wouldn't be implementing a safety benefit, they would be implementing a "perceived" safety benefit. They would be "doing something" to protect guest safety. We at EOE know it is not unsafe leaving our resort feeds alone but the general public would be given the impression that this new guest safety regulation is for their protection. It really doesn't matter if it doesn't.

Exactly, it's all smoke and mirrors to try to make it look like they are making it safer when in fact doing away with resort streams does nothing to make things safer.  It will just make those who do not understand what resort streaming is really all about feel safer.    

I've said this before many times,  I don't get how someone can get upset over a webcam that is obviously pointed out to the landscape and that same person could be at the pool watching a guy film kids at the pool and think, oh how cute he's filming his kids.  Meanwhile it's a perv filming others' kids, but hey it's the webcams from the resorts that are streaming things it shouldn't .

Hello all, 

Just to let you know, the Mrs. and I are heading back down to WDW this week. Staying at SSR, so depending on what kind of view we get, don't know if I will stream or not. I will be setting up a camera that will record the inside of the room while we are out, just to see what goes on when we are not there. Let's see if that brings me any attention. Maybe I should stream that?  

5 hours ago, Mrhub said:

Hello all, 

Just to let you know, the Mrs. and I are heading back down to WDW this week. Staying at SSR, so depending on what kind of view we get, don't know if I will stream or not. I will be setting up a camera that will record the inside of the room while we are out, just to see what goes on when we are not there. Let's see if that brings me any attention. Maybe I should stream that?  

Stream the inside of the room! Awesome! Hey , if you have a good view, any chance you may have the equipment with you to record continuous for one 24 hour period? Then share it with me so I can use it for the off days like my OKW recording