EyesOnEars - Disney Forums + Live Disney Webcams

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
flounder1959

Bring your pups to WDW?

Asked our dog Toby what he thought about this. His response: "Woof, Woof" (then a face lick). Can anybody translate dog?

So they're allowing dogs on ME. I too, am a dog lover and one thing I know is most dogs do not handle new situations well and kids can't resist playing with them. Not the best recipe. I know most dog owners believe that their dog is "a really good dog" but.........

We love dogs...especially German Shepherds. OH and I both had GSs before we ever met each other. However, like kids, no one loves your dog like you do. No one thinks your dog is as adorable as you do. No, I don't want to be nosed or licked! No, I don't want wet dogs in the lobby. And it does seem that leaving your dog in a hotel room for 7 hour stretches isn't the best place for them. A kennel or a dog sitter at home might be better.

I don't think this is a good idea either.  I don't think it's okay to keep a dog in a room for maybe 8, 10, 12 hours a day.  What happens if the dog decides to start barking when it's alone?  Seems like the barking will disturb the neighbors.  Not sure if there's a lot, but what about people with allergies to dogs?  

Just my 2 cents.

Dogs on DME....well, it seems like a fine idea....right up until the first person gets bit or kid flips out because they got licked (some are horribly afraid of dogs)....we'll see how this plays out.

I agree with all of the above, barking, wet dogs in the lobby, sloppy people not caring about their dogs....

Now a dedicated hotel for those who want to bring their pets, that would be a better option IMO....its all about choices!  You can choose to bring your pet and stay at a pet friendly hotel, or not and stay at others.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I really hate this. I have a pet dander allergy (among many other allergies) and don't want to sit next to a dog on DME. I certainly wouldn't want to stay in a room that had previously housed a dog. I don't care how good Mousekeeping is, traces of fur will still be left behind, never mind the inevitable "accidents."

The new dog policy states that if a dog is barking in a room, the hotel will contact the owner within 30 minutes to deal with the situation. And, you just know there will be owners who let their dogs off the leash in public areas. I just don't understand why Disney would want to deal with all of the headaches this will cause, especially when they won't let cast members directly confront guests for other issues.

WDW dog policy.jpg

Edited by kbmum

Hey all, been away from here for a little while, but I see a whole lot of people have the same general idea about this as I do. I'm a dog lover, love our little Frenchie, and i'm sure if he could talk he would say " Hell yeah dad, I want to go to Disney with you!" But that's not gonna happen. wouldn't want to put him through the stress of traveling or want to leave him in the room all day alone. He can stay home with the house sitter, take his normal walks with her, have his own bed and toys, not have to worry about people making weird noises and scaring him and waking him up during his naps, and the house sitter is still cheaper than taking him to Disney!  

So I'm going to be the abnormal one and tell you why I actually like the whole "dogs allowed in certain resorts"

1. As a local, we don't always come over and stay days at a time. If we had the ability to come over, stay the night and bring our dogs, great. We don't always have someone who can come over to our house and let them out for us/feed them if we want to make a quick day/evening trip.
  2. Again, as a local, if I could evacuate to Disney during a hurricane and bring my dogs - then that's a plus for me. I was there this year prior to Irma coming, the preparations at Disney are top notch. If this is somewhere that's an option to me because I have to get the heck out of dodge and off the coast, then yes, I'd take advantage of it.

Just my 2cents

On 10/30/2017 at 10:13 AM, wherespluto said:

So I'm going to be the abnormal one and tell you why I actually like the whole "dogs allowed in certain resorts"

1. As a local, we don't always come over and stay days at a time. If we had the ability to come over, stay the night and bring our dogs, great. We don't always have someone who can come over to our house and let them out for us/feed them if we want to make a quick day/evening trip.
  2. Again, as a local, if I could evacuate to Disney during a hurricane and bring my dogs - then that's a plus for me. I was there this year prior to Irma coming, the preparations at Disney are top notch. If this is somewhere that's an option to me because I have to get the heck out of dodge and off the coast, then yes, I'd take advantage of it.

Just my 2cents

Hi Wherespluto,

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with them allowing the locals bring pets during hurricanes, an emergency is just that, an emergency.

During Irma the people that were there with dogs seemed very good. I think it is a great idea, as long as Disney and Mousekeeping can keep up on the maintenance. I just don't believe they can.

For us it would be a disaster with Twiggy because she would be so stressed out in a strange place and then being left alone.  I know for sure she would bark non stop and I would also be more stressed out knowing she was in a strange place for hours each day while i'm out in the parks.  When she's left at home i know she's safe, well cared for and has her own couch to sleep on.  Yes i know she misses me but she's not missing me in a strange place, she's home where she's comfortable.  And even though i know Twiggy would love to see lots of people around, you never know what an animal would do in a stressful situation. 

That being said i know a lot of people with dogs that go everywhere with them and stay in different hotels etc all the time and are fine.  they need a "dog park" of sorts because i don't like the idea of dogs using a whole world as their toilet.  There are a lot of irresponsible dog owners out there.  The guy around the corner would let his dog lift his leg on anything.  I finally got tired of it and yelled at him when his dog peed on our garbage pail again.  I don't want to clean his dog pee off our garbage pail!  I never even let Twiggy walk on other peoples lawns because i don't want her using their yard for a toilet. If Twiggy were in a strange hotel you bet your booty she would take over one of the beds...princesses don't sleep on the floor! :lol: