EyesOnEars - Disney Forums + Live Disney Webcams

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
YensidsApprentice

Web Cam and Equipment

Hello EoE people. Hope you can all help.

I am going to WDW in October, staying a few days at Animal Kingdom Lodge with a savanna view. I want to stream for you all. Last time I tried, my webcam wouldn't work with my laptop. So, a new cam is needed.

I am looking at buying this cam. Is it any good? What other pieces of equipment would I need? I know I need the laptop and maybe an extra UBS cord to plug the cam into the laptop, since the laptop will probably be kind of far from the cam. But any other equipment pieces I would need, please let me know. Thank you!

Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, Widescreen Video Calling and Recording, 1080p Camera, Desktop or Laptop Webcam

That cam looks good. Most of the Logitech cams have worked well for me thus far and they are well within the budget pricing wise.

I would also look into how you are going mount the cam on the window as well. I happen to have an old GPS mount that my cam fit into and use that when I have it setup.

Something else to think about is how to manage the cables since the weight of the cable can pull the camera out of alignment as well.

Bring a plugstrip with you since there are only so many outlets in the room and more electronic devices to charge all the time.

OK positives on the cam. Good! I was thinking tripod that is designed for that cam. Now, wires/cables. What wires/cables we referring to here? Extra USB cables to the camera USB cord attaches to the laptop? As for the plug strip, I was going to order one on Amazon, then I saw the reviews how they almost caught fire. Think I'll just get one from Home Depot or Loews.

We use a tripod and a plexiglass case that protects our camera from rain. We attached a tripod mount to the bottom of the case. 

The wires/ cables go to the laptop so you can stream to EoE via ustream. 

I agree a plug strip is important to bring! 

Bad news... out of my control but I cannot stream this trip. Sorry guys. However, I will be sure to learn how to and do so on my next trip. I booked for April 2018 just waiting to see if I can get off from work! I'll be asking lots of questions while I try to learn!!