EyesOnEars - Disney Forums + Live Disney Webcams

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

wlodge_man

Wilderness Lodge - walking to TTC or MK???

So I believe that the official position of Disney and at the WL is that you can't walk to the Ticket and Transportation Center or the Magic Kingdom.  Looking at Google Earth, it does look like it would be possible; both are showing about a mile walk via World Drive.

Understood that probably the last thing you want to do is add another mile of walking to your day; I'm just curious if anyone has ever done it?

And am I the only one who looks at WDW via Google Earth?  ;-)

I have never tried that walk.  I'm thinking if they are saying you can't walk it, there is a reason why, .You said it's along World Drive, so I'm assuming there are no sidewalks to safely walk it.  I guess you could try to walk it and see if WDW security comes along and stops you.   I've added an extra mile to our walk by walking to DHS from Beach Club, have done that walk many times.  Have also walked from the Poly to GF  I'm still shocked that GF, the flagship hotel of WDW, does not have an accessible path to MK.  I also look at Google Earth to check WDW out :) 

5 hours ago, wlodge_man said:

So I believe that the official position of Disney and at the WL is that you can't walk to the Ticket and Transportation Center or the Magic Kingdom.  Looking at Google Earth, it does look like it would be possible; both are showing about a mile walk via World Drive.

Understood that probably the last thing you want to do is add another mile of walking to your day; I'm just curious if anyone has ever done it?

Nope, I check it out all teh time. My most recent adventure was using the time machine function and looking at the MagicKingdom changes recently. Was showing @MizFiz the old theater in Tomorrowland and looking at the changes to the hub.

Depending on the day, I wouldn't mind a mile walk. I have walked from DTD (ok Disney Springs) to my room in building 55 at OKW

7 hours ago, wlodge_man said:

This would imply some sort of fanaticism, a stalker mentality or worse, a WDW fetish. Of course I look at WDW via Google Earth.;)

20 hours ago, wihumphrey said:

This would imply some sort of fanaticism, a stalker mentality or worse, a WDW fetish. Of course I look at WDW via Google Earth.;)

Then I better use Bing maps :ph34r: