EyesOnEars - Disney Forums + Live Disney Webcams

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wdwnut

MNSSHP ride closures or not!

5 posts in this topic

DD was telling me that she read an article saying 7DMT, BTMRR, Jungle Cruise and Splash would be closed during MNSSHP this year!  WHAT?  Well I found the article and it WAS true but they have since updated it and now 7DMT and BTMRR WILL be open during the party but JC and Splash so far still will not.  I wonder why they would close such popular rides during a party night.  They must have gotten a lot of backlash so they decided to open 7DMT and BTMRR.  I know they don't open all rides but I thought 7DMT was open last year.  BTMRR was in referb, JC was closed wasn't it? 

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/several-attractions-including-seven-dwarfs-mine-train-will-be-closed-for-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/ 

Fizbain likes this

I think Disney has been reducing all the benefits that the party used to have. Originally there was a free photo op but that's gone. I've always believed that the parade and fireworks were Disney's best , but now, I swear, the parade is shorter and the fireworks have not improved with available technology and now don't compare with other of their night-time options. Candy stations have been reduced. And in the category of "I can't prove it but I just know"......MANY more tickets are being sold than before. The only thing that has been improved is the stage show featuring the villains. But they never fail to increase the ticket price. I haven't purchased tickets for September yet, and now wonder if I will. ( Understanding, of course, that this is just my opinion and Belle will probably tell me to buy the tickets;)).

School Belle and Fizbain like this

OMG, did they really consider closing 4 headliners. Even the 2 they are closing is not right.  To even consider closing 7DMT during the parties is just bad business.  The parties may be the only time some people get to ride it without the insanely long lines.

On 5/19/2017 at 0:41 PM, wihumphrey said:

I think Disney has been reducing all the benefits that the party used to have. Originally there was a free photo op but that's gone. I've always believed that the parade and fireworks were Disney's best , but now, I swear, the parade is shorter and the fireworks have not improved with available technology and now don't compare with other of their night-time options. Candy stations have been reduced. And in the category of "I can't prove it but I just know"......MANY more tickets are being sold than before. The only thing that has been improved is the stage show featuring the villains. But they never fail to increase the ticket price. I haven't purchased tickets for September yet, and now wonder if I will. ( Understanding, of course, that this is just my opinion and Belle will probably tell me to buy the tickets;)).

Buy the tickets already!

wdwnut, TiggerPiglet and Fizbain like this