Sign in to follow this  
wdwnut

1 day PH ticket value

So what cost would you put on a 1 day PH pass for all 4 parks?   There is a silent auction coming up and they are auctioning off four 1 day PH tickets for Disney.  They were actually donated by Disney but they expire in 2019.  It does not say if they are for value, regular or peak times which is a big concern if you win them and they actually turn out to be limited tickets.  They are saying the value is $650 and the bidding starts at $300. 

Nut

At $650 that would make them each worth $162.50.  Seems a bit much to me.  If Disney is auctioning off for a price much more than they are worth, I wonder if there are special incentives attached it like free dining, a free room for the nights you use these tickets, etc.  Just to give perspective a 4 day park hopper is $440 dollars, that's $210 less than what they are saying these tickets are worth.  I don't get it lol.   Now if they are saying each of these tickets are $650 I really don't get it.

I don't think it is Disney auctioning them off.  Disney donates one day tickets to certain non profits for fundraising and I think that is the case here.  The price of a one day park hopper at peak season is $174.00 (x4=696.00) so $650 is a bit less.  If you are going at value season, the price of one day park hopper is $162.00 (x4=648.00).   At least with that info you know how high to bid. 

the auction price starts at 300 for all 4 tickets so that's a lot less I guess.  I don't ever look at prices for 1 day PH tickets so when I looked on Disney's website it was so confusing.  Looks like they have 3 different tickets you can buy depending on when you go.  Disney donated them to the VNA in CT for their fundraising auction.  My co worker is there now, texting me asking if I want them!

25 minutes ago, Fizbain said:

If you get them cheap enough, could use them for upgrade?

HMMM IDK, good question.  If I decide to bid on them, I might use them next year and go down to stay with my friend at FW for a long weekend.  I'll just use a ticket each day.  I also have someone else that is going in May, staying of property and does not have tickets yet.  2 people going to parks 2 days.  They would work for them for sure.

1 hour ago, flounder1959 said:

I don't think it is Disney auctioning them off.  Disney donates one day tickets to certain non profits for fundraising and I think that is the case here.  The price of a one day park hopper at peak season is $174.00 (x4=696.00) so $650 is a bit less.  If you are going at value season, the price of one day park hopper is $162.00 (x4=648.00).   At least with that info you know how high to bid. 

OMG, is that how much a one day park hopper is?  Holy moly!  I was just looking at what the 4 day park hopper option was.  I'm wondering who 4 1 day park hoppers would benefit.  Locals would more than likely have an AP and most people traveling from out of state stay more than one day.  It wouldn't make sense for anyone to buy 4 1 day park hopper tickets when the 4 day package is so much less.  I guess there are people who go one day here and one day there without an AP, but can't imagine there are many.

I know a lot of people that go down there for 1 or 2 days to the parks and visit other places instead because it's so expensive.  I say the same thing....Go once for 4 or 5 days and get more out of it.

I know in the old days Disney would let you buy a 10 day park hopper that would never expire, which was probably great for people who went just a day or 2 a year,  it's too bad they took that option away.

omg i don't know what I did but I cannot get back on the new site on my computer!

Anyway the cost for a 4 day PH from Disney is $452.63 so even if i use the 4 indiv days for a long weekend I'm still ahead. 

a one day Peak ticket is 185.31 from Disney with tax that is incredible why people go when they is crazy!  That being said I know plenty of people who go to the parks for only one or two days every year.  nuts i tell you! 

oh btw i bid on the tickets and won!

2 hours ago, TiggerPiglet said:

OMG, is that how much a one day park hopper is?  Holy moly!  I was just looking at what the 4 day park hopper option was.  I'm wondering who 4 1 day park hoppers would benefit.  Locals would more than likely have an AP and most people traveling from out of state stay more than one day.  It wouldn't make sense for anyone to buy 4 1 day park hopper tickets when the 4 day package is so much less.  I guess there are people who go one day here and one day there without an AP, but can't imagine there are many.

A co-worker of mine was just down and did that exact thing. Before talking to me bought individual one day tickets because he said they they were not going consecutive days in a row. I just shook my head and walked away. 

4 hours ago, wdwnut said:

omg i don't know what I did but I cannot get back on the new site on my computer!

Anyway the cost for a 4 day PH from Disney is $452.63 so even if i use the 4 indiv days for a long weekend I'm still ahead. 

a one day Peak ticket is 185.31 from Disney with tax that is incredible why people go when they is crazy!  That being said I know plenty of people who go to the parks for only one or two days every year.  nuts i tell you! 

oh btw i bid on the tickets and won!

Congrats Nut!

if I were to use these for a long weekend, could I link all 4 at once on MDE and just use them one day at a time?  Not sure if you can have 4 tickets linked at once. 

FYI: The majority of 1 day tickets that Disney provides for fundraising are comp tickets which can't be upgraded and will have an expiration date. This is usually printed on the tickets.

Edited by nhlfan

18 hours ago, nhlfan said:

FYI: The majority of 1 day tickets that Disney provides for fundraising are comp tickets which can't be upgraded and will have an expiration date. This is usually printed on the tickets.

agreed.  Not looking to upgrade them just use one a day for 4 days in a row. Can you have 4 linked tickets on you MDE account.  I don't even know if I'd use them that way just thinking out loud.  And yes they expire in 2019. 

You can definitely link them.  From my understanding the tickets expire the day you use them.  So if you link all 4, you should have no problem using them one day at a time.  I also think let's say you don't get to use the 4th one, that that one should stay good until it expires, which you said was in 2019.   I don't think with 4 individual tickets you are forced to use them 4 days in a row or within 14 days like a 4 day ticket package would be.  I would call though to be sure.

That sounds right, TP.  Once the ticket is scanned for entry, it expires at the end of that day.  Any unscanned tickets will remain valid until 2019. However if you link them on DME to your name and then don't use it, if you want to give it to someone else you have to reassign it in the app I believe.

Yes I believe any ticket you link on MDE can be reassigned if the ticket is not used.  I may just sell them IDK I'll have to think about it.  it would be nice to use them for a long weekend.  The best part is just looking forward to another trip!

26 minutes ago, flounder1959 said:

I agree, just hang onto them and take a spontaneous trip by 2019!

They expire march of 2019 so it probably would be in the fall of 2018 or early 2019.