Sign in to follow this  
Disneydazey

Dining options at AKV

We have our family trip planned for June and are squeezing in 2 nights at Animal Kingdom - Kidani.  We are very excited to check it all out since we have never stayed at AK before.  What are your suggestions on favorite spots to eat?  I am open to hearing about both sit down & quick service.  Just a little additional information - It will be me, Daze & our 3 boys (12, 12 & 7)

Thanks for any tips!

Jen

aka - Disneydazey

:)

Dazey, Although I am sure people will be posting here, be sure to check out the thread for Resort dining preferences as well: 

That might also have info regarding AK dining options.

Edited by ZWarrior

AKL is probably the top choice for resort dining. Mara is a solid QS and Boma might be the best buffet on property-both of these are very kid-friendly. However if you and that guy you hang out with can get a free night Jiko and Sanaa(next door at AKV) are first rate TS eateries. Great choice for resort eating.

Ate at Sanaa last year and absolutely loved it. We were on the Disney Dining Plan, and I cannot recall any item that was not available off the menu. We did pay extra for the Bread Service which was excellent! So tasty! The view of the animals adds excellent ambiance. I would highly recommend it. I will be dining there again. 

sanaabread.jpg

Kidani is my favorite DVC resort. If you have time, take your kids to the pool and water play area. There's a fort with water cannons that are aimed at other water cannons on the ground. We had so much fun! Although, my son blasted a woman who was walking through the fort and soaked her expensive DSLR. She was good about it, saying it was her fault for having the camera out in an area where kids were playing in water.

The biggest issue with Kidani is its lack of quick service dining. Sanaa is excellent, though. I read on another forum that Disney is testing (or will be testing) room service boxed meals. It sounds like quick service that's dropped off at your room, but there's no set-up like with regular room service.