Sign in to follow this  
Fizbain

No Perks for DVC points bought on secondary market

Sure, all of us are aware that Disney decided to make second class members out of those buying points on the secondary market. But have we done anything about the decision? Noooo! This guy has! Think he went to far? Or Jealous he beat you too it?

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/disney-vacation-club-member-creates-website-to-air-his-grievances/

He didn't go too far, but his letter won't change anything. Disney doesn't like losing money to the secondary market. I read somewhere an analysis of the costs of buying direct and getting the perks versus buying on the secondary market. There was really no comparison. Those who bought resale saved a great deal of money over the term of the contract/loan. Besides, Disney has steadily taken away perks and we don't know what they'll continue to offer in the years ahead. I did enjoy the 10 percent discounts for merchandise and dining during my trip earlier this month, but we still would have done better financially if we had purchased resale instead of direct. If we add on points, we'll definitely do it resale.