Sign in to follow this  
weatherwatcher514

Disney considering adding a $15 per night resort fee?

While I get that right now this is just a survey question that is being asked of some guests this is really starting to get ridiculous:

http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/walt-disney-world-resorts-information/news/09mar2016-disney-considering-adding-a-nightly-resort-fee-to-its-resort-hotels.htm

While I agree that resort fees are quite standard, the issue I have here is that Disney is now considering tacking on a fee to extras they have been using for some time to entice people to stay on property. Magical express, extra magic hours, resort entertainment are all things Disney has used for years to get people to stay on property. Now they are looking at charging a fee in addition to charging over inflated rates at their resort. No thanks. This may cause us to look at staying elsewhere going forward or possibly just looking at spending our vacation dollars elsewhere. As much as Karen & I love Disney, it's getting very hard to swallow all the prices increases with all the cuts over the years.

Agreed. Seems like I am paying for what I already get. Heck, hotels are basically doing that as well. I so get tiered of all the sneaky stuff. Fee for this fee for that, tip her tip there. Seems no costs are ever "the true cost" anymore. But WDW attendance is still going up. So they will keep charging till people stop going.

Weatherwatcher514 is right in that this is still a rumor, but so many price hikes and rumors of price hikes have come out recently that, if this one isn't true, a few more may be. Tickets, Dining Plan, "premium" parking (?), resort fees, food and drinks at the parks.... We have no problem with occasional special events or dinners or parties at WDW...it's fun to splurge. What we find annoying are prices that increase and portions that decrease. Because we live near WDW most of the year, we notice when they downsize soda cups, ice cream bowls and even plates for burgers & fries so the portions are smaller and smaller. If there is a resort fee in the future for things that have always been sold as the reason to stay onsite...ugh! We often get surveys after we've stayed at WDW and one question deals with value for the cost. I have always said there is great value for the cost of a stay...Disney is a beautiful place, it's safe, there is so much to do and see, but when it becomes evident that we're getting less for our money (not paying more and getting more, but getting less), I would say it's reached the "not worth the cost" threshold. Does it mean we'll stop going? No, but it does mean that we have made the decision to spend less there...if they are cutting back, so will we. We'll spend our money elsewhere.

We put off a trip this year as well because it is getting too expensive to go to WDW. We love Disney and watch as many stream as we can but the cost of the trips is getting too high for us to justify when we are also paying off bills.

Adding another fee onto the room cost just seems strange. How about just build it into the cost of the room?

I agree standard way of fleecing guest - its become the norm and IMO is out of control!

When they start charging you to use a towel, to use toilet paper, to use soap, shampoo, coffee, cups, bed changes, for upkeep of the properties, to park in their lot, to do this or do that .....IMO that all should be covered be the already high rack rates! Its a competitive industry and with Disney pretty much having an on-site monopoly they can jack the rates as high as they want and it wont hurt them in the least bit.