EyesOnEars - Disney Forums + Live Disney Webcams

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
disnycrayz

Disneyland 60th Celebration

Just wondering what everybody thought of the Disneyland 60th anniversary celebration on ABC tonight?

Loved Kermit singing Rainbow Connection, Step in Time, and the Star Wars live orchestra.

Wished they would have shown more of the park and a bit more history.

Also wished they showed a bit less skin in the opening number. Walt would have blown his top to see the Vegas showgirl look on Main Street!

I agree with you! What was up with the rather risque costumes?? This is Disney at 8pm on Sunday night...keep it "G". I, too enjoyed the music and wished there was more video of the park. I did expect an infomercial, which is fine, but didn't get a lot of new info on Star Wars in the parks.

Had I not known it was a Disneyland special, I might have thought (especially the first number) that I had tuned into the Grammys or American Music Awards. Disney's idea of "family entertainment" has changed..and not for the better IMHO.

Like the Chrstmas parade, the DL60 show was pretty promotional, which I expected.. they just can't help themselves. I, too, would have enjoyed a bit more history of DL. For the most part, the performances were good.

I enjoyed the show, the performances were great I thought...I sang along with a lot of it! Thought it was a pretty good "celebration"....although the Applause App left lots to be desired. It crashed...and crashed...and crashed. I finally uninstalled it and just enjoyed the show...LOL

Thanks for the thoughts guys! I tried the Applause app. It worked for the first performance, but once a switched to Twitter and then went back it didn't work anymore. I recorded the special so I could try again later. I found it kind of distracting but cute.

Dick Van Dyke was awesome, but way too short! I wish they would have shown more of the park and how it's changed over the past 60 years. And maybe some memories of the longtime cast members and maybe a few clips from the Disneyland show. Most of it was ok, but not really "Disneyland" more generic Disney.

I agree, disnycrayz, Dick Van Dyke was way too short as he is my favorite!! (Mary Poppins my first movie seen in a movie theater) But I loved loved loved Tori Kelly and Kermit.

I thought some of the performances were nice. Definitely want to be Dick van Dyke when I reach his age (not that far off). Otherwise, I felt I was watching a series of commercials for upcoming projects rather than a show about Disneyland.