EyesOnEars - Disney Forums + Live Disney Webcams

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
disnycrayz

The End of Streaming at Disney?

Hi guys! I know I don't post much, but recently I've seen tweets for @streamingdisney They are looking for people to stream from the parks for money. This concerns me because if people start doing this Disney might decide to decide ban streaming for everyone. When we do it for fun usually Disney doesn't care, but if someone starts to make a business out of it, the Disney legal team may decide to get involved. Am I just being paranoid? I hope so... 😩

Caryn

Disney has the right to defend it's intellectual property. Interesting example is all the Photopass pictures. Since a Disney employed photographer takes the picture, Disney owns the picture. You receive rights to use it for your personal nonprofit use. If you try to use it to make money, you are in violation. Another item that comes to mind is someone that made a movie in the Disney parks using a DSLR camera. Over a number of days and visits to the parks then put this movie together without permission from Disney. Disney was very unhappy. I don't remember the final outcome. Sue/Not to Sue win loose.

But will someone streaming for money be an issue? Certainly a concern.

Disney has the right to defend it's intellectual property. Interesting example is all the Photopass pictures. Since a Disney employed photographer takes the picture, Disney owns the picture. You receive rights to use it for your personal nonprofit use. If you try to use it to make money, you are in violation. Another item that comes to mind is someone that made a movie in the Disney parks using a DSLR camera. Over a number of days and visits to the parks then put this movie together without permission from Disney. Disney was very unhappy. I don't remember the final outcome. Sue/Not to Sue win loose.

But will someone streaming for money be an issue? Certainly a concern.

This is the film to which you are referring.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_from_Tomorrow

Apparently Disney took no action because the director was very careful about what was shown and how so that he didn't directly violate copyright laws.

This streaming group may not be so lucky since it is for profit and unedited.

I don't see Disney trying to end streaming...not sure they could.

The new Twitter site "Streaming Disney" may run into problems, however. First, because they are using "Disney" in their title (even though they state they are not affiliated with Disney.) Second, because they are paying for people to stream. Not sure how all that works, but will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

I don't see Disney trying to end streaming...not sure they could.

The new Twitter site "Streaming Disney" may run into problems, however. First, because they are using "Disney" in their title (even though they state they are not affiliated with Disney.) Second, because they are paying for people to stream. Not sure how all that works, but will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Wow, people will do anything to make a buck. How are they paying people? This is the same as all those silly dining reservation sites. This is just getting ridiculous. Stop trying to steal the magic is what I have to say to all of those people.

Wow, people will do anything to make a buck. How are they paying people? This is the same as all those silly dining reservation sites. This is just getting ridiculous. Stop trying to steal the magic is what I have to say to all of those people.

I was thinking add traffic

Using periscope is nowhere near as good as our ustream streams....quality is horrible and many of those periscoping, for some reason, tend to face the camera to themselves and talk into the camera. AND not everyone has a camera ready face, if you know what I mean!!!!! Also, not sure how you would do a perescope resort stream.

Will be interesting for sure to see how this all plays out....and we all know how using the Disney name can end...(insert ax here)

I was thinking that if Disney wants to put the breaks on in park streaming, they could lock out ustream and periscope domains from their free Wi-Fi...not that Disney Wi-Fi works that great anyway. You're right, I can't wait to see how long before the Disney sends them a cease and desist order for using their name. Not sure I'd want to blow the whistle on them though in case Disney legal decides to do something more drastic.

Anybody figured out the angle here? I don't get it. They're paying and supposedly providing the service for free. Something doesn't pass the sniff test.

FWIW, with the price of cell data plans today, it would be best to bypass Disney's WiFi anyway given the QOS issues. If they're serious about this, Disney's GUEST WiFi isn't in play anyway. ;)

The site mentioned above did start streaming yesterday. The stream I saw was via Youtube live stream and was nice quality. I do not know how they earn money to pay their streamers...possibly ads ( I have them blocked).

Sure hope they don't ruin a good thing - EOE community is supported by the community and my lonesome - it has been and will forever be FREE! Unless some rich old man offers me a million - then I'm selling and moving to Disney :P

Just a million at Disney? You'll be back in a couple of weeks. :)