EyesOnEars - Disney Forums + Live Disney Webcams

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
mickeyears

What is your favorite DVC Resort and Tell us a "special" memory from there.

We have enjoyed all of the DVC resorts at WDW but our favorite is the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge. Our special memories of this resort actually begin at the entrance of the Wilderness Lodge. That first view of the Main Lobby and the mixed smells of the log structure and the foods of the Whispering Canyon Cafe. Then, you follow the walkway down to the Villas and enter a more home-like atmosphere and feel the warmth of the fireplaces and the serenity of a peaceful hide-a-way. Ahhhhhhh. Home.

Then the kids burst through the door from the pool and run down the hall.

. . . . . Yep ! Home ! . . . . .

I Love It ! ! !

We own at BCV, and we love it there. We did our first on-site stay at the BC in 1997, so I'm sure that is part of the love. I really enjoy being able to walk to Epcot, ride the boat to MGM and have all the activity of the Boardwalk around. We do like VWL, too, though. I'm also a big fan of the 1BR at OKW, and I love Olivia's breakfast. SSR is a good option, too. I haven't stayed at BWV or AKV yet. I'm really looking forward to my stay at OKW in April!

I just posted this on another thread, but it's appropriate here, too.

A few years ago, we considered selling our DVC and buying a condo near WDW. We rented a car and drove to a few nearby, to look things over. They were ok, but we weren't thrilled. When we returned to our "home" BWV, and went to catch the boat to Epcot, as soon as we walked out onto the Boardwalk, we looked at each other and said, in unison, "We can't leave this!", so we abandoned the idea.

So, needless to say, Boardwalk Villas is our favorite DVC resort, with BCV running a close second.

We don't own DVC yet, but have had the pleasure of renting points, and being upgraded into DVC resorts. One of our favorite trips was in April a couple years ago at SSR. We had a room with a balcony view of DTD, and could hear the music wafting in the open balcony door. When we went back to the room to rest in the afternoons, we would open the door, and turn on the fan. That was always the time of day it would rain too, so we would have the patter of the rain, and the fan blowing a breeze, and the music blowing in the door. So peaceful, and calm.

I would have to say Boardwalk. We own at Beach Club, but Boardwalk can be a much more interesting view. And having everything going on outside your window in the evening is fun!

My second choice would be Ft. Wilderness. We stayed there in tents, trailers, motorhomes and the cabins. This is where our real love for Disney started. We used to go one year during Christmas holidays and the next, at Halloween. We always put up massive decorations. My kids basically grew up in Ft. Wilderness.

We bought into DVC about 7 years ago and it has been great. But I still miss Ft. Wilderness. Once we get to go in the off season again, when the kids are in college, we plan to go back for a week at Ft. Wilderness, then a week at Boardwalk.

We've only stayed at OKW and BCV (we stayed at Animal Kingdom before it was a DVC - does that count?) While we did love the perks of BCV, we're a tad spoiled by the size of the rooms at OKW. We like the relaxed, laid-back feeling after a long day at the parks.

Our goal is to try all of the DVC resorts and I think we want to try Wilderness Lodge next.

Ours is Saratoga Springs resort. It is so relaxing after a long day at the parks and an excellent position to get to the parks. Another big plus is the proximity to DTD.

For a full relaxing holiday we also like Vero Beach.

Our biggest disappointment was BWV. We were overlooking the Boardwalk and it was very, very noisy. We were kept awake until the early hours of the morning.

It's been over 8 years form my post above and many trips to WDW and the Villas at Wilderness Lodge still holds that special spot for us.  But alas, the Disney Imagineers love to change things.  Now the Villas are named Boulder Ridge.  Remembering that change is difficult.  But that's not as big a concern as the changes that might be coming.  I like the way the Villas were designed and decorated 10 or so years ago.  I'm afraid the decor of the Copper Creek Villas and Cabins is going to sneak over into the original villas.  HOPE NOT!  But it's beyond my control.

Crossing fingers.

By the way, Kidani Village is REALLY growing on us!  It hasn't overtaken our feelings for "Boulder Ridge", but it's pretty close!

Edited by mickeyears

I'm a firm believer in the "buy where you want to stay" when purchasing DVC.  That place for me is Boardwalk Villas. It's within walking distance to 2 parks, including my favorite. It's near a plethora of nice restaurants and night spots. It has some of the finest views Disney has to offer and has a feel that you are in the middle of everything. Besides these, it has nothing going for it:)

It would be difficult to choose just one! We love Beach Club but couldn't buy points there when we were in the market. We bought at Boardwalk and it is all the things wihumphrey said! We like the decor and parking better at Beach Club, although the streaming views are better at BWV. We also have points at SSR (the resort that was available at the time) but we usually use those at other resorts, most recently the Poly and Aulani. We've also stayed at BLT and WLV. I'd have to say our new favorite has to be the Poly. Huge room, beautiful grounds, the CMs are amazing, the monorail to Epcot next door and all of the Disney sights and sounds we love. A special memory....hmmm, would have to be spending Hurricane Matthew at the Poly.