Sign in to follow this  
HiddenMickey

Live Streaming with a Phone: tutorial

Thank you for your interest in mobile streaming for EyesonEars. With the Ustream app downloaded on your Android or iOS phone, it's a pretty simple process to get you sharing the parks, fireworks, parades or whatever you encounter.

Requesting a feed for streaming:

1. Before you arrive at WDW (or where ever you plan to stream), you will need to send a request for streaming. That link can be found in the forums under the heading "Streamer's Cove" A pinned link is there "Streaming link request" Try to get that request in as much ahead of time as you can

2. Before you arrive at your streaming location, you will be sent login information that incudes the feed(s) you will be using. You will receive an EoE user name and a passord.

Wifi or data?

Unless you have been under a rock for the past 10 years, you know that the wifi at WDW is good in some places and poor in others.

If you stream using wifi, you may see a "trying to reconnect" in yellow at the top of your screen. That means the wifi signal is weak and the app is trying reconnect.

Probably the most reliable connection is to use your mobile data. It varies from carrier to carrier, but it seems that Verizon and AT&T have good service at WDW. Sprint is getting better.

If you are steaming with data, it would be best to turn off the wifi. Your phone constantly searches for a wifi signal, and could interfere with the data connection.

[ ustream instructions removed ]

Wow! that was a great stream!

Mobile streaming is actually very easy... and your EoE family will be grateful you let them "tag along"!

Edited by Waternoose
ustream instructions removed

Resolution to Upload Speed: 

1080p -  3-6 mbps

720p - 1.5-4 mbps

480p - 0.5-2 mbps

Use the web site below or the SpeedTest app by Ookla on your phone to get upload speeds:

http://www.speedtest.net/

Edited by oshpopham

MrHub,  That video is a great tutorial on how to stream from start to finish if you were setting up your own channels and/or streaming from a studio application.

In the case of EOE, Fiz and I have the channels settings already setup so users have no real need to change any settings and its actually something that would not be encouraged.

The video below is as simple as 1-2-3 and for 99.9% of the users streaming to the EOE Youtube Channels this is all it takes.

Before you click the camera icon to go live you will need to "Switch Accounts" and select the EOE Channel that you are invited you to join.

This process would be the same if you were using a laptop or other device from a resort as well.

12 hours ago, Waternoose said:

MrHub,  That video is a great tutorial on how to stream from start to finish if you were setting up your own channels and/or streaming from a studio application.

In the case of EOE, Fiz and I have the channels settings already setup so users have no real need to change any settings and its actually something that would not be encouraged.

The video below is as simple as 1-2-3 and for 99.9% of the users streaming to the EOE Youtube Channels this is all it takes.

Before you click the camera icon to go live you will need to "Switch Accounts" and select the EOE Channel that you are invited you to join.

This process would be the same if you were using a laptop or other device from a resort as well.

Oh totally Noose, I understand. I do have my own channels and I just used that video to get the encoder setup and to get my cameras to just work. If I am streaming from the resort, would you rather me use one of your channels that are already set up? Can you embed one of my channels like you did with UStream ? What would be easier?

Edited by Mrhub

On 8/26/2018 at 11:36 AM, Mrhub said:

Oh totally Noose, I understand. I do have my own channels and I just used that video to get the encoder setup and to get my cameras to just work. If I am streaming from the resort, would you rather me use one of your channels that are already set up? Can you embed one of my channels like you did with UStream ? What would be easier?

Since we need as many views and subscribers as possible, I would be honored if you would stream on one of our channels. You can even pick the one you would like to stream on. Send me a PM and I will get you started