Sign in to follow this  
Mr Wizard

"insert overexpectations here"

I can dream can't I ? I'm still searching for that elusive and wonderuss thing known as the Free Massive Upgrade. Now I threw massive in there to separate being bumped from parking lot view to garden view from being bumped from Port Orleans to the Poly. Yeah it's a stretch, but what the hey this whole thing is about fantasy, right ? So I make my reservations at PO French Quarter only to find out later the pool will be closed when we are there. After specifically requesting a room close to the pool. So when I call to change resorts the only other option is PO Riverside which is OK but not our first choice. So after hearing my story about having to change to a less desireable resort at the last minute thru no fault of my own the CM became very concerned and apologetic ( she brought up the original res, checked the date then looked up the refurb schedule ). "We are very, very sorry this happened Mr Crockett and when you check in at PO Riverside we can assure you there will be an extra magical surprise for you." she says. To which I smartly reply "Huh ?! What!?" She then repeats the same line. After that I'm not sure what else happened cause my imagination was already in high gear thinking about the view from the top of the Contemporary.

So what does the audience think ? What will be the outcome ? A free giant Mickey Rice Crispie Treat or getting to see if I can drink every beer in the cooler at our concerge level room at GF ?

With 7 visits in 13 years we have never been lucky enough to get any kind of upgrade, in spite of telling them whenever we were celebrating.

Last year though we did get an upgrade, though I'm not sure if it was planned or just a mistake.

We booked and paid for a 1 bed villa at Old Key West and when we came to check in they said "and you are in a 2 bed villa".

I shot a puzzled look at my hubby as if to say 'did I hear that right?' but it was obvious from his face that he had heard the same thing too.

Still not sure about what was happening (at no time was there any mention of being upgraded) we thanked the CM, gathered up our key cards and hightailed it out of there before the mistake was spotted and our massive villa was snatched back.

Sooooooooooo, a gift basket you say. Hmmmmmmm. . . . . . . . . . I wonder how many beers come in a gift basket. . . . . . . . . . .

Mrs Wiz thinks we will be lucky to get the Rice CrispieTreat.

We head south on Feb Friday the 7th and ETA at PO Riverside is 7-ish Saturday morning. It was 3 degrees one morning this week and 7 another. I am soooooooooo ready to get outta here. Every night I mumble a short prayer to the Weather Channel Gods to keep the temperature down there from tanking. Swimming in Feb is so cool.

Disney has forgotten celebration buttons even though we note them on our DVC ressie. It was my in laws 45th anniversary and my mother-in laws bday..no pins given to them at check in...Many things happened this past trip that illustrated a downgrading of service on WDW property...I hope you get a gift basket or an upgrade because I think Disney needs to go back to making people feel special.

Down to single digits on the wait and the weather guess for the first day there is 76 ! That's about 70 degrees over our current temp ! Disney, sunshine, and a "special surprise". Hot dang, like the song says Who Could Ask For Anything More ? I can't wait to hit the road. There is nothing like seeing the sunrise on I 95 after you have been driving all night.

I didn't really think much about streaming since, well truth be told, I stink at it. But you're right this promises to be such a large and auspicious occasion ( so sez the little voices in my head ) I imagine I should take steps to share it with the world.

LMAO

Well no GF water view room but no Rice Crispy Treat either. We were upgraded to a royal room at Port Orleans. On the first floor right on the end with a great view of the water. The room is really nice, they did a good job on these. That's all for now, time is Mickey and the MK is calling.