EyesOnEars - Disney Forums + Live Disney Webcams

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flounder1959

**NEW...Disney Savings Account**

9 posts in this topic

This is Great! I had no idea this was available. I'm going to use this for our big January 2017 trip that we are going to tack on the Premium package to which includes dining, tours, and recreational activities. We had the same package for our Honeymoon, but it was called Dream maker gold back then. Thank you for this info Flounder!

Fizbain likes this

I agree, Mike. If you have the discipline to save this way, granted the Disney name does make us more likely to do it, you will only be giving Disney your money to invest for themselves with only a return of a few Disney Gift Cards instead of 2-5% in a savings account.

I think that this is a great deal for those who will need that incentive of the Disney tie-in to save the money for their next trip, however.

I agree with the above mentioned, but in our situation we will be using it for different intentions than a savings. When we book a large WDW trip we typically make payments that coincide with one of our pay periods every couple of weeks. I typically make those payments online or via the telephone. While Disney is touting this as more of a savings plan, I look at it as a convenience that takes the manual payments off of my hands. If Disney wants to give me $60 before my trip for automating something I would be doing anyway, I'll take it.

Fizbain and flounder1959 like this

I agree with the above mentioned, but in our situation we will be using it for different intentions than a savings. When we book a large WDW trip we typically make payments that coincide with one of our pay periods every couple of weeks. I typically make those payments online or via the telephone. While Disney is touting this as more of a savings plan, I look at it as a convenience that takes the manual payments off of my hands. If Disney wants to give me $60 before my trip for automating something I would be doing anyway, I'll take it.

Since we generally figure out the budget and put it into our vacation saving account and transfer as needed this wouldn't work as well for us. However, what you do is the best use case for this new product.

Grumpyhaus likes this

I agree, Mike. If you have the discipline to save this way, granted the Disney name does make us more likely to do it, you will only be giving Disney your money to invest for themselves with only a return of a few Disney Gift Cards instead of 2-5% in a savings account.

I think that this is a great deal for those who will need that incentive of the Disney tie-in to save the money for their next trip, however.

Please share which saving account you are getting 2-5% in. My local branches are more like 0.2%
tinkcrafter likes this

Please share which saving account you are getting 2-5% in. My local branches are more like 0.2%

Good point. I have had my savings accounts for so long I forget that we don't get those rates anymore.

Fizbain likes this

I have the Disney visa rewards card I use it for EVERYTHING. at the end of the month I pay the bill off in cash at the bank. we have saved up quite a nest egg of free money from our Disney dream dollars rewards this way.

tinkcrafter and Fizbain like this