Sign in to follow this  
Winnie

Which club lounge is best?

In your opinion which club lounge do you like the most and why.

View? Food selection?

We have only ever stayed at the boardwalk club level and enjoyed it a lot. I have read where some of the resorts are not worth staying club level at but others are. Anyhow what are your thoughts on it?

HI Winnie,

I agree with luvwdwfla2 , there are no stupid questions. I apologize as I thought I put my 2 cents in, but it seems i goofed that up as I see they are not here. Or I am thinking of another post.

Ah, either way, I have only ever stayed at the AKLV Club level and that is because AKLV is our home DVC resort so we can book 11 months out. First time we stayed there was 2 years ago and we only did that because we wanted to go on the sunrise safari and that is the only way to be able to book it. We had no idea what to expect from the club level so I do not think we took very good advantage of it.

There was lite food out many times through out the day and some adult beverages as night caps. That seemed to cause the biggest draw of people. But as we had other plan we really did not take advantage of it other than maybe grabbing a coffee and bagel on the way out in the morning. It seemed like many others treated that as their meal program.

But we liked it enough that we will be spending the second half of our time in Sept at AKLV club level. So, I have never been at another resorts club level I enjoyed our time at AKLV and it does provide the added benefit of the sunrise safari (for an extra cost)

The only club level I've stayed at is Wilderness Lodge in 2009. I don't think it was worth the money. We spend so much time at the parks that we really didn't use it much. It was an okay experience, but I probably wouldn't do it again... unless I was upgraded. icon_winkwink.gif

I've noticed the more we go the more time we spend relaxing. Yeah we still go to the parks but we don't spend all day and night in the parks especially during the summer months. We stayed at the Boardwalk club level and we really enjoyed it.

We have never stayed at the Grand Floridian and have been thinking about going there... Any thoughts on that resort?

Unfortunately, the Grand Floridian is a bit pricey for me. Definitely on my list of place to stay though! Have yet to hear anything bad about it. Well, maybe the current DVC build making things a little messy.

Just thought I would repost to this now that we have done club level at Grand Floridian. We have stayed both in the main building club level and outer building club level and we loved both but really did enjoy the outer building more! When we were in the main building kids from other levels kept sneaking in for snacks, drinks and goofing off. The outer building seemed to be more personable and they knew who you were when you came in. Can't wait to go back!

I've only stayed at two of them. In 2001 & 2002, we stayed at the Polynesian club level, (Hawaii longhouse). Most recently, the grandson and I stayed in the club level at the contemporary. The snacks at the contemporary were nothing special, gummi bears, chocolate covered mini pretzels and cookies. The view from the 12th floor was amazing. It was great to sit out on the balcony in the morning and watch the Magic Kingdom come alive. Watching Wishes, in my opinion, was the best seat in the house.

The Polynesian club level back then was fantastic. The snacks and the food they offered were tasty. A nice selection of wine and other cordials were offered every night. I remember a cast member making a B-52 for DW and I after a cool december night. All the cast members seemed to go out of their way to make sure our visit was awesome. I'll get back there one day.

Edited by pittsburgh_jim

We were upgraded in January to the Poly Club level. It was pretty nice, although we were usually never there when the good food was put out. But it was nice to come back and sometimes they had stuff out still, able to get a beer or two when I wanted one or some really good finger foods. We were upgraded to Club Level in the Yacht Club 1 night last year and believe me that was nothing special. Now would I pay for club level, no I do not think so. I would much rather get a MK view room and save the rest for the nice signature restaurants.

We stayed club level at AKV this summer. We planned the days knowing we would spend more time there to get the most use out of it. They had a chef cooking two dishes for sampling each night. The dishes changed..some were ones you could get at BOMA, some were ones at the Quickserve and some were from Sanaa and Jiko. But the food was all very good from morning to shut down at night. Custom drinks were made for guests along with standard cordials, beer, soda, etc. I would only spend the extra money or points if you planned to actually be there to sample the dishes. It was dinner for us every night, except for dd15. :-)

We have done club level twice, once at Poly (upgrade!) and once at WL which we paid for.  We enjoyed both very much and used them for breakfast every day and for dinner a couple of times each.  Didn't have to buy a single beer the entire trip both times either. LOL I didn't mind paying for it at WL but the other deluxes are way out of our price range now.  I would do it again at WL instead of Dining Plan for sure.