Sign in to follow this  
Mr Wizard

Can Someone Explain This To Me ?

I have seen this many times before and since it didn't include me I didn't much care. But now it includes me and it's costing me money! I am talking about the exclusion of Fort Wilderrness campers from the free dining plan. The better half and I plan to take our first RV trip to Disney Dec. 6th for 6 days. I mean it's not that the campsites are so super cheap. After you figure in the gas cost to get your camper there and the site you are at about Moderate to Deluxe resort cost per night. So why aren't they included for free dining? I don't get it.

That's what I allways thought, since the campsites are cheaper why should they give you any extra perks ? But for the time we are staying the campsite costs $80 ( and in total fairness it is a preferred site ) a night and a room at a Value Resort is only $95. And in my mind the campsite is a lot less labor intensive to maintain. Yes, there are the comfort stations that have to be cleaned but what matinence does a campsite see ? A good blasting with a power washer between guests would do it. And there is no alarm clock, TV, air conditioner, hair dryer, lighting, coffee pot, paddle fan, etc. to maintain. The more I look at this I believe the campers should get EXTRA perks ! But before I start an online campain for campers rights I guess I should wait untill after we get back from the trip to see if we are ever going to camp anywhere again. ( This will be our first major trip in the "new" toy ).

people in DVC have a similar issue. No free dining but.....

....people who book Value Resorts get upgraded to DVC resorts icon_wow.gif AND they get free dining, AND they get maid service everyday (DVC get maid service once a week and "trash & Towel" on the 4th day).

That's life I suppose. Free dining comes with a "package" deal. Campsites and DVC are "book your own" holidays.:(