Sign in to follow this  
DisneyResortFan

Ranger Stan from WL

Aww, We took a tour with him. He was so much fun. Great person. He really fit right in there. We always wanted to see if he was still doing Wilderness Lodge tours. Condolences to his family. I hope they can find some comfort in the know how many people he made a little bit happier.

There are a lot of great things about the Wilderness Lodge and Villas we admire and enjoy. But Ranger Stan was the gem of the crown. When you walk up to him and introduce yourself, he makes you feel like you're one of his best friends coming back home. Gosh, he was great! The last time I got to visit with him, we were speaking about his looming retirement. Can you imagine being torn between retirement and your everyday job? That was Stan's feelings at the time. It was easy to tell that he loved being "Ranger Stan". But, of course, he was looking forward to spending more time fishing! I told him that we (guests) were not gonna give-him-up. He would have to work some part-time hours so that we could still visit with Ranger Stan. God Bless You Stan! And, God Bless Your Family!

I believe I recall him from our first 2 visits, but I do not think I had the pleasure to meet him. But I'm sure he must have greeted us at least a few times.

I don't know what it is but when those doors slide open, it is a moving experience to walk into the lobby. I can't wait to go back!!!