Sign in to follow this  
Waternoose

Home resort?

We also have to agree with what Jeff said...we love BWV!

Our second favorite so far would be VWL. We've also stayed at BC, OKW, POR, a long w/e at ASMu, but we always return "home".

Nothing so far can complete with those BW views.

:)

Our "Home" is Saratoga Springs. We have stayed there a couple of times and at Old Key West once. We loved Old Key West because of the quiet, laid back ambiance and the spacious rooms. We've also stayed at Boardwalk several times and it may be our favorite because of proximity to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Boardwalk also provide a lot of evening entertainment (primarily for adults).

Our "home" resorts are SSR and AKV. We have stayed Caribbean Beach, POR, OKW, VWL, SSR, AKV, BWV and Vero Beach. We are now loving Vero but for WDW property my fav is still Wilderness Lodge.

SSR, BWV and AKV are second!

For Mods, Caribbean and then POR:D

Do you have a home resort - one that you stay at nearly every trip you make to Disney World?

If so which one is it and why did you choose it?

I've stayed all over but,

AKV is my home DVC Resort. I love the remoteness of it, I could spend a long weekend just the hotel and be perfectly happy.

When the trip is on us (i.e. I book it through Disney or whatever), we almost always stay at ASMo. We love it and it's perfect for our son who isn't quite 3 yet. He just loves the larger than life characters and theming in the room.

In January, my mother used some of her DVC points to send us on a trip. We stayed at a Villa at the Wilderness Lodge. I think anytime she decides to share her points with us we'll be there again. We loved it and if we could afford it, it'd be our permanent "home" resort.

Well I think you can figure out my choice...icon_winkwink.gif

Ironically in 1997, my wife picked it & I thought it was too pricey. I am glad I let her pick - the Wilderness Lodge is such a wonderful relaxing place to stay. I just love the lobby; sitting by the fireplace or the hot spring. We've also enjoyed some of the small sitting areas that overlook the lobby from the upper floors. Last year I bought a bottle of wine & some cheese and we just relaxed as we looked down to the lobby floor by the fireplace. Or walking to the beach area & watching the Electrical Water Pageant.

A CM told us that WL has the highest return rate of all the resorts, but they may say that at all the resorts...icon_smile.gif

It is expensive, but well worth it IMHO.

Dave

Ours is AKV. I absolutely loved Kidani Village back in July. I could make a vacation there without going to the parks (not that I would, but still). :)

kbmum - I understand what you're talking about just making a stay at the resort you vacation. We've made the same comment when at the Wilderness Lodge. Twice when I was in Orlando for business, I made the trek to the Lodge just to sit in the lobby, or get a snack at the Roaring Forks cafe. Now I want to go back!

WL is my "home" resort. We also have said the same thing about just going to stay at the resort and not got to the parks. Maybe DH could pull that off but probably not me LOL. I get all teary eyed when the guard at the front gate says welcome home.

Ahhhhhhh! Welcome Home ! We love that too !

The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge is our DVC Home Resort and our favorite resort. But, you know, there are so many close 2nd's ! We just enjoyed our 40th trip this past August and I don't remember being disappointed a single time at any of the resorts.

Hey ! It's Walt Disney World !

There are so many good reviews of WL. :) When we bought points at AKV, there were still a couple of timeshares available at WL. We thought about it, but the price was basically the same as at AKV and only 35 years left on ownership there, as opposed to 50 years at AKV.

We own both SSR & AKV and love them both. WL will probably always be my sentimental favorite beacause we spent our honeymoon there. Now that we have stayed at AKV I understand how someone could spend they're whole day (but not the whole trip icon_smile.gif ) at the resort, it is really awesome!! But, after long thought & consideration (and having "lived" there for 2 weeks) I have decided on THV as my favorite because I could actually live in one of the villas. THV is more an extension of WL than SSR, and even though the villas are close to everything, you still feel like you are a million miles away, and I enjoy that feeling!!!

Disney gave SSR owners something special when they added THV!!!

I will also put in a good word for VB, we stayed there last year & absolutely loved it. There is a ton of stuff to do, or you can do nothing at all!!! :D:D:D

On our first trip to Disney we stayed at the AKL. We were hooked and purchased DVC when we returned home. Since we liked AKL so much we purchased in AKV, but we haven't actually stayed there again. There are so many DVC resorts out there I would feel like I was missing something if we didn't give them all a chance. Besides the AKL we have stayed at SSR and BWV. So far our favorite resort has been the Boardwalk (for Jelloyrolls icon_no1.gif ).

I like all the positive feedback for the BCV, we will be there in a couple of weeks.

The first time we stayed on property was in 97, and it was at the Beach Club. When we went back in 2003, we stayed at the Contemporary North Wing with the Shades of Green discount. We bought DVC on that trip, and we decided to buy at the Beach Club because we love the area so much. Every return trip confirms our decision to buy there. We've stayed at OKW, SSR, VWL and AKL, and we still love BCV the best!

My DVC home is SSR but have yet to stay there my first DVC trip is April and we are staying at THV.

My favorite resort is WL followed by Poly.

Where do I feel most at home Fort Wilderness Campground, I started going to WDW in 1974 our first two trips we stayed at the Golf Resort (now shades of green) but the rest of my trips from the late 70's till the mid 90's we stayed at the Fort.

When we started going as a family we stayed at the All-Star Sports and I have no problem with them at all. I love the sports...

But we stayed at Wilderness Lodge one time and then that was home.

We then bought a resale for the Villas at Wilderness Lodge and have been there since. We added points and our home resort is SSR but we will never stay there. I did get my wife to stay at the Boardwalk in march of this year but our next 2 trips are back home at the Wilderness Lodge again. It is just home to us.

icon_cool.gif

We just love to stay at POP Century. The price is right, and we enjoy the whimsical atmosphere. Their food court is also consistently good with a nice selection. You know you are home when the doors open up, and you can smell the lobby. :)

Our home resort with DVC is SSR. While we have had great experiences with SSR, BWV, AKV, BCV, in DVC, we feel most at home at OKW. It is definitely the ambiance of the place. Each time we have been there we feel as though we are on two vacations at once, a Disney trip & a tropical getaway.

Away from the parks, VBR is lovely too. It's just hard to be away from WDW property, when you're so close.

My first DVC home is BCV and then I added on at AKL. We stayed at the BC in 97 for our first on-site stay, and it really feels like home to us! If we are out of points and need a cash room, our first pick is Shades of Green since you can't beat the price and the size of the rooms!