Sign in to follow this  
Winnie

Caribbean Beach Resort

I was just wondering about CBR and if any of you have stayed there. I am getting ready to go search for reviews but I know it will be a mix from great to horrible. I'm not sure I can bring myself to stay in a moderate after I have been spoiled lately by staying at the poly and the beach club but the kids were asking about this resort.

I love CBR. It's where we stayed when we took our dd on her first trip in '04. We've always liked the rooms, decor & Old Port Royale. Tinkcrafter will lay on a hammock on the beach for hours if she can. icon_lol.gif The one piece of advice is try to get relatively close to Old Port Royale. CBR is deceptively large & has 5 bus stops of its own. I've read reviews of dirty rooms & things like that but have never seen it. If I'm going to stay in a Moderate, my first choice is CBR.

We have done CBR a few times as well and JC is correct.

However if your really looking into a Mod our Fav is POFQ hands down the best of all worlds. small but not crowded,walk over to RS and get anything you need from there, 1st on and off the buses.

Thank you both for your thoughts... We have stayed at POR but have never stayed at POFQ.. When we were a family of 5 (before my daughter got married) we stayed there a lot and got burned out on the resort. We have also stayed at CSR which we loved..

I have heard that the resort grounds at CBR are quite large so I would think getting the right location would be really important. My son say's he needs to be close enough to fill his refillable cup every night icon_rofl.gif

We are not set on a moderate but with annual passes I know we will go several times this year I would like to try to save in some areas. I really like the epcot area and since we will probably go in October I want to be close to epcot for the food and wine festaval. I'm pretty sure we will return again before Christmas and I want to stay at wilderness lodge for that trip... Are we Disney Nuts? Yeah lol

I'm staying here this Saturday for 4 nights. I'll tell you my thoughts when I get back home. I'm looking forward to checking out this resort, as I haven't stayed here since 2002.

We have stayed at CBR at least 3 times. 2 times have been great but the last time was not all that great. Quite frankly it had nothing to do with the resort itself, it somewhat the management and housekeeping. It wouldn't keep me from staying there again, I would just chaulk it up to one bad experience.

The resort has beautiful theming and the refurbishment they did of the main pool is really nice. We like the pool bar and the shopping center. The food court is big, but a bit noisy. The only real negative I can say is that you might want to spring for a preferred room if you're worried about getting to the food court. Some rooms are so far away from it, it's almost easier to head to the parks and eat!! :) Also, bus travel can take a while depending on where you are in the loop. We always rent a car so never have that problem.

Good luck with whatever you decide!!

SarahMouse-Thanks for sharing your experiences with me and for the tips... You mentioned housekeeping, was your room clean? I have read reviews about nasty rooms but then again I think you can reviews like that about even the best of resorts..

MauiMouse- Can't wait to hear how your trip goes and about your stay at this resort! Have a great time!:D

JiminyC- Is Old Port Royale close to the food court, main pool or busses? I am assuming yes... Hmmm perhaps I should go pull up a map hehe

Even the deluxe resorts can have problems. We were very disappointed with our rooms at Bay Lake Tower in July. They weren't cleaned very well, food from the previous occupant was left in the refigerator, and kitchen and bedding items were missing.

JiminyC- Is Old Port Royale close to the food court, main pool or busses? I am assuming yes... Hmmm perhaps I should go pull up a map hehe

Old Port Royale is actually the food court/shop(s)/arcade etc... The main pool is right out back of the building as well as boat rentals etc.

SarahMouse-Thanks for sharing your experiences with me and for the tips... You mentioned housekeeping, was your room clean? I have read reviews about nasty rooms but then again I think you can reviews like that about even the best of resorts..

MauiMouse- Can't wait to hear how your trip goes and about your stay at this resort! Have a great time!:D

Where you check in is not located in the same place as the food court, like Jiminy said, Old Port Royale is where you want to be after you check in. It has the food court, shops, and main pool. Like I said, if you get too far from that you can have quite a hike to get to food/drinks etc.

As far as our room being clean, it was. We've had touch and go experience with housekeeping at all the resorts. It was great at POP last time, but was hit or miss at BW. I think it just depends on time, crowds, crew, etc.

I think you'll like CBR, I'm just a little worried that when you say your son wants to fill his mug up etc that you'll be disappointed if your not in a room really close to Old Port Royale. I think if you can work that our you'll be happy with everything else at the resort.

Good luck!

We've been to all the values, two out of four of the mods and two deluxe and I can honestly say we have never been upset with any of the housekeeping at any of the resorts...Well not as far as cleaning goes! We have had things come up missing before at POR and really dont like getting a run down smelly room and we also had that a few times at POR.

I am pretty sure we will either go with CBR or one of Epcot's deluxe resorts...

Thanks for all the comments :)

We have stated at both CBR and POFQ, CBR steals it for me, the kids took pictures of me snoozing in a Hammock after a day at the parks. However POFQ is beautiful, green, and the waterways and evening boat ride to DTD a must.

I'm sure you will have a ball.....

icon_lol.gif